Heritage Owners Club

SAE wiring diagram?

bolero

does anyone have a diagram of how the 6 individual saddle pickups connect to the internal wiring on an SAE model Heritage?

I assume the "normal" circuit is isolated from the SAE?

so the 2 regular pickups + tone + vol knobs work normally just like any other guitar, and then the SAE line connects to the other side of the stereo output jack, as a line-out?

so you can plug a mono cable in & use it with any guitar amp...or plug in a stereo cable, use some kind of splitter and run the acoustic/SAE it's own?

any help appreciated!!

cheers

does anyone have a diagram of how the 6 individual saddle pickups connect to the internal wiring on an SAE model Heritage?

I assume the "normal" circuit is isolated from the SAE?

so the 2 regular pickups + tone + vol knobs work normally just like any other guitar, and then the SAE line connects to the other side of the stereo output jack, as a line-out?

so you can plug a mono cable in & use it with any guitar amp...or plug in a stereo cable, use some kind of splitter and run the acoustic/SAE it's own?

any help appreciated!!

cheers

Mine was wired to a Master Vol and Two Tones, with the other Vol as the SAE. The acoustic saddles could be wired individually for MIDI, or ganged for just the acoustic side; mine was just acoustic. I want to say that you could blend the acoustic with the magnetics if you used a mono cable, but it's been a while since I had my SAE and can't verity that statement. Stereo cable split it to two outs - magnetic and acoustic; that I can verify.

edit: I can say that on the acoustic side it needed a good DI with a Volume (LR Baggs ParaDI worked great).

midi....wow never thought of that option...

I would like to keep it stock & have the other stuff on it's own...I wonder if I need to come up with a vol/tone/switch etc for the SAE portion

hiding it in the F hole could work, I don't want to modify the structure of the gtr

thx tulk!!

You're not making your own SAE, are you? Otherwise, it'll come pre-wired pretty much as described. I've thought of adding a ghost bridge to some of my other guitars. Lots of options for wiring if you do.

here's a teaser:

gallery_672_98_172662.jpg

Thats not even funny!!! ........ :fucyc:

Wow, first production model. Should be arched top and back. And lordy knows what else it'll be like. Yeah, baby!!! :thumbsup:

haha

well once I get it fixed up I'l post some pics....the previous owner removed the SAE stuff from the guitar, but kept it in the case...so it will be a restoration project for me

Archived