Heritage Owners Club

Tuneomatic on 575?

Niles

I'm new here and I just aquired my first Heritage. I haven't been able to find a real ES-175 that I could afford so I have been looking for an H-575. I snagged a 1996 model and I believe it is a keeper. Anyway I'm wondering about adding a tuneomatic and I would appreciate any info and advice you guys might have. Can I use the stock wooden bridge base and just swap the top? Will the spacing for the post holes be the same?

I'm new here and I just aquired my first Heritage. I haven't been able to find a real ES-175 that I could afford so I have been looking for an H-575. I snagged a 1996 model and I believe it is a keeper. Anyway I'm wondering about adding a tuneomatic and I would appreciate any info and advice you guys might have. Can I use the stock wooden bridge base and just swap the top? Will the spacing for the post holes be the same?
no the spacing is not the same, heritage makes a rosewood bridge with roller top, a dealer could order one for you. or you could order one from stewmac..

welcome to the club

Bob

HI Niles! Welcome to the HoC. I think you'll find that your H575 is every bit as real as an ES-175, and then some. :wink:

Jay Wolfe at Wolfe Guitars quite often has his 575s and the thinner 525s fitted with roller type bridges. Might give him or Graham a call.

Hi Niles and welcome to the HOC.

I got my used 2006 575 Custom from Jay and I had the standard bridge replaced with the TOM bridge before it was shipped to me.

The reason I wanted it replaced was because I do like to bend strings quite a bit and I previously had an Aria jazz box where the standard bridge would move or the strings would move on the bridge when bending.

As an added precaution the new bridge is also held in place by double sided tape.

width=360 height=480http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh98/SouthpawGuy/Heritage%20575/H575_08_w.jpg[/img]

Anyway I'm wondering about adding a tuneomatic and I would appreciate any info and advice you guys might have. Can I use the stock wooden bridge base and just swap the top? Will the spacing for the post holes be the same?

Ditto, what bob said regarding the spacing.  Note also that the tone of the tune-a-matic will differ from that of the wooden bridge.  The wood is much more warm and dark, an archetypal jazz tone, as opposed to the brighter tune-a-matic.  I ordered a tune-a-matic with my Super Eagle, in addition to the wooden bridge.  Big difference.  And Graham Zebedee, at Wolfe Guitars, would be a very reliable source of info.  Heritage hollow body and semi-hollow body boxes are terrific instruments!  Good luck.

Archived