Heritage Owners Club

Called and got the answer to your question...

Kuz

NO, Heritage doesn't stain their fretboards. They use Old English on Rosewood and I can't remember what he said on Ebony, but Ren said emphatically that they don't stain the fretboards.

He said if something is coming out as you "condition" it, the dark stuff is either grim or goop, or you are unintentionally treating it with the wrong stuff- maybe a used guitar 'treated' by the previous owner with something awful???

I used Fret Dr. last night on a PRS and it looks/conditions great.

Ren, did say use lemon oil/fret Dr/or whatever very sparingly so the frets don't get loose. For 20yrs of treating fretboards for 10-15mins then rub of excess 2-3x per year I have never had a problem.

Fret Dr. is THE best stuff I've found.  I use it once a year, if that, on my guitars.  No issues the past 4-5 yrs. with it.  The boards do not dry out for along time and they contine to have that dark fresh clean look with this stuff.  It's pretty amazing.  Doesn't sweat or have any "after taste" or oily feeling at all.

Ren, did say use lemon oil/fret Dr/or whatever very sparingly so the frets don't get loose.

so now you hear it again: so the frets don't get loose :rolleyes:

and remember, they're YOUR frets, not mine, so I wasn't trying to get into a 'debate' like you put it, I was trying to help you on your guitar, dude

so now you hear it again: so the frets don't get loose :rolleyes:

and remember, they're YOUR frets, not mine, so I wasn't trying to get into a 'debate' like you put it, I was trying to help you on your guitar, dude

Sorry Jacques, I don't ever debating you about frets coming loose. What I said was after 20 some years of conditioning my fretboards 2-3x per year, living the conditioner on for 15-3hrs (depending on the dryness of the board) I have never had a problem with loose frets.

Honestly, I think you have me confused with someone else.

I also believe what you put on the fretboard, how often, and the amount, all would contribute to/or not to, loosing the frets.

still think it's strange. both boars are rosewood and clean.

and, oh yea, I'm back...

Well, you probably know this already, but like Ebony the color of the wood can vary greatly. PRS has used quite a bit of Brazilian Rosewood and it can vary from very dark almost black to bleached very light brown.

That's why I posted pics of my 150s boards because they were so colorful and figured for Indian Rosewood.

Bottom line is it's all cosmetics. If it sounds good then it's good rosewood!

I clean and maintain enough guitars to know what companies use stains on there f/boards. There was never any doubt in my mind that Heritage does not use stain.

I know some people who put their s/h guitars on the market do.  Kind of like detailing a car I guess.

Sorry Jacques, I don't ever debating you about frets coming loose. What I said was after 20 some years of conditioning my fretboards 2-3x per year, living the conditioner on for 15-3hrs (depending on the dryness of the board) I have never had a problem with loose frets.

Honestly, I think you have me confused with someone else.

I also believe what you put on the fretboard, how often, and the amount, all would contribute to/or not to, loosing the frets.

No no no, Kuz! I was referring to mr. Jamison's answer to me in his pictorial post about cleaning http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/i...pic,2291.0.html

I would never hurt any Kuz - sorry for me causing this misunderstanding.

Jacques

No no no, Kuz! I was referring to mr. Jamison's answer to me in his pictorial post about cleaning http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/i...pic,2291.0.html

I would never hurt any Kuz - sorry for me causing this misunderstanding.

Jacques

No problem. I saw where you quoted me with a reply and thought it was directed at me, then again I am easily confused! :P

Archived