Heritage Owners Club

Should Heritage stick to more "traditional" designs...

cosmikdebriis

well...

Fender and Gibson have relied on the same designs for 500 yrs....and people still buy their stuff????

so for Heritage to try to be "innovative", it seems like a waste of time?  i like my 150, i like the 170, i like the 535....i'm sure i will like the new 170...the 110 is kick ass (but the 110 i think falls under "trdational" design)

well...

Fender and Gibson have relied on the same designs for 500 yrs....and people still buy their stuff????

I actually like the old designs, and like most of the people here I'm happy to have the old designs, 'cept built by Heritage. And when you think of it.. The whole Heritage stich.. (not sure if that is right?) is that you're getting a guitar that is built the "old" way, and with better quality than the newer G-words.

Part of the problem with this view though is that "many" people still just view a 150/157, 535, etc as a copy. Excellent quality copies, but still just copies. F and G keep making their sales because they made the originals, and to many it comes down to I want the original, rather than a copy.

Honest truth here.. I wanted a Les Paul and I was going to buy one. It turns out that the best LP I could find has the word Heritage on the headstock.. By the time I got my 535 though, I was looking for something a little more versatile, and I probably would not have cared whether the 535 looks like a 335. clone.

So I do think that Heritage should keep doing what they're doing, since we love them for it and hopefully it's a good way to make a living. But in the mean time they should keep trying to find something that willl help brand them in a way that ultimately has others making the Heritage clones. I wish I could say what that might be, but we're a creative bunch here, so maybe we can come up with something.

I'm with pushover on this one!  Heritage uses the word "tradition" a lot.  We, in numerous posts, have lauded them for that. They have it in spades!  Stick with It!

they should just keep makin 535s, 555s, 150s, 157s, 170s, 575s, 16s, eagles, millis, 137s.......wait.......that is quite a bit for that small factory...

yeah, that's right....that's why they are where they are today....keep 'em rollin'!!!!!  [glow=red,2,300]why change a good thing[/glow]?;D

Archived