Heritage Owners Club

School me.. H140, H150 neck profiles

toddinjax

Hi all,

I'm thinking (still) about a solid body, I'd want at LEAST as fat as a usa gibby rounded 50's neck. How do the non custom ordered H140, 150, 157 compare? I've got a H575 and its more of a "normal" thickness; I want more chunk for sure on a solid body. Unfortunately, I play lefty (but I'm right handed of course :rolleyes:) so I don't have a lot of options. If you're reading this and you've got a lefty with a nice chucky neck... give me a holler.

it varies by guitar....no 2 are alike...that is the wonders of a hand crafted Heritage

but for the most part, i have found the 140s to be flatter and the 150s to have a more rounded profile like a G 50s style

you ask someone else and you will get a totally different answer.

Hi todd, maybe you might like to contact a certain lefty only Heritage dealer who signed up here lately ... he also plays himself.

In fact the ASAT III I bought a while back was his own personal guitar, and it's just as he described it, a real "go to" guitar.

Just to ermmm remind everyone here is the ASAT in question ( any excuse) ...

width=600 height=450http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh98/SouthpawGuy/GandL%20ASAT%20III/asat3_1.jpg[/img]

My 575 has a very small neck compared to my 535, so maybe my 535 has an extra chunky neck ?

It certainly dwarves the Prospects which is smaller but also of a different profile than either the 575 or 535.

Hope this helps.

it varies by guitar....no 2 are alike...that is the wonders of a hand crafted Heritage

but for the most part, i have found the 140s to be flatter and the 150s to have a more rounded profile like a G 50s style

you ask someone else and you will get a totally different answer.

I would have to agree with Brent's assessment on the 140 vs the 150 totally.

Hi todd, maybe you might like to contact a certain lefty only Heritage dealer who signed up here lately ... he also plays himself.

In fact the ASAT III I bought a while back was his own personal guitar, and it's just as he described it, a real "go to" guitar.

Just to ermmm remind everyone here is the ASAT in question ( any excuse) ...

width=600 height=450http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh98/SouthpawGuy/GandL%20ASAT%20III/asat3_1.jpg[/img]

My 575 has a very small neck compared to my 535, so maybe my 535 has an extra chunky neck ?

It certainly dwarves the Prospects which is smaller but also of a different profile than either the 575 or 535.

Hope this helps.

Hey Paul, thanks for the plug!

Glad your liking that ASAT. Still the best tele I've ever played. I miss it. I put more time on that guitar than any electric ever. Just worked.

As for toddinjax, I've never played a 50's neck Gibson, so I don't know what to tell you on that. But I've got a few lefty Heritage in stock and more ordered. Are you in Jax, Fl.?

All their neck are different but they do follow the trends listed above.

But again remember if you are ordering new they will build any neck to your specs!

As for toddinjax, I've never played a 50's neck Gibson, so I don't know what to tell you on that. But I've got a few lefty Heritage in stock and more ordered. Are you in Jax, Fl.?

Yeah, I'm in jacksonville. On occasion I vist Siesta Key, how far are you grom there?

Yeah, I'm in jacksonville. On occasion I vist Siesta Key, how far are you grom there?

I'm about 20 miles from the north end of the island. Next time your on Siesta, give me a call and I'll guide you in.

I'm about 20 miles from the north end of the island. Next time your on Siesta, give me a call and I'll guide you in.

When we come down there, we stay at my wife's uncles place on Anna Maria, is that near you? Last time we were down I got lost in Bradenton (of all places) and stopped at a gas station to ask for directions. This would have been on 14th Street, just south of downtown. Bad juju. I spent four and a half years working in downtown Detroilet and I was never as concerned as I was that day.

Just a quick note on neck profiles for Heritage. Ren mentioned this during the tour. And Marv mentioned the same on the phone the other day. Current neck sizes are .890 at the nut - to - 1.00 at the 12th. Not fat, but certainly not thin. And as mentioned many times, that is a rough estimate of the sizes.

When we come down there, we stay at my wife's uncles place on Anna Maria, is that near you? Last time we were down I got lost in Bradenton (of all places) and stopped at a gas station to ask for directions. This would have been on 14th Street, just south of downtown. Bad juju. I spent four and a half years working in downtown Detroilet and I was never as concerned as I was that day.

I grew up on Anna Maria Island. Back when there was no water or sewer system, no paved roads except the main street, no mosquito control or air conditioning, no banks or grocery store and we got block ice out of a giant machine that sat on an empty lot where Wachovia (I think) Bank now sits. GREAT place for me to grow up. Great place for my daughter to grow up. I can't hardly go there anymore. It just breaks my heart to see what it has become. I'm about a hour from there now in rural Sarasota County.

You must have been a gas station in "The Neighborhood of the Churches" on 14th St. in Bradenton. Lets just say a lot of drug counseling happens in that neighborhood. Most of it doesn't work.

Archived