Heritage Owners Club

Difference between Millie and 535 sound wise.

hinesarchtop

I have a Millie Ultra Std and a H-535 -both with HRW pickups.

They sound very similar, with 535 having what I'd call a more open sound. More overtones.

The Millie has a slightly more refined character. A bit creamier on both pickups.

well, I have different pickups in them

the 535 has more low end, maybe due to the larger holowbody area

they both sound fantastic

you couldn't go wrong with either IMO. the millie is super comfortable to play though. very light & smaller body

I have a Millie DC and a 535. Both guitars are modified with different PUPs and electronics. Generaly speaking the Millie sounds more hollow then the 535 does. It doesnt have as much low end as the 535. It's got a crisper sound to it with a little edge. The 535 has a nice rich and thick sound. Guess you could say a fuller sound. Each one has it's own sound/tone. Both of which are great depending on what sound you're looking for. Belero is correct in saying that the Millie is really comfortable to play. I dont think you can go wrong with either guitar. (so buy both!)

Have two Millies and a 555. One is a limited edition ultra 2000 155 and the other is a custom 155 without f-holes. Both are a bit crisper on top, especially the 2000, the other has more of a LP kind of sound palette. At loud stage volumes all of them like to sing and do the guitar amp feedback thang, which I cultivate and control. I think there is great latitude on what you can get depending on chosen pickups and pickup height and pole piece adjustment. The 555 tends not to be as bright on top. All three are amazing to hear as well as look at on stage. All three have more to give than my fingers can do.

Archived