Heritage Owners Club

New Seth Lovers!

gopeteygo

After discovering that my  2002 H-535 from Elderly's had a Schaller pickup not working, I decided that since my tech had to "go in", I'd just have him replace the pickups with SLs.  MAN!  I only played for about an hour last night, but some of what I heard is the tone I've heard in my head for years!  It's only the 2nd time I've even played the guitar and I also found it to be unbelievably resonant.  :afro:  I couldn't be happier with my purchase and at this point have ZERO regrets about selling my 335 Satin Finish and getting this.....more beauty, rensonance, and tone that KILLS!  FWIW, I read in another post that Heritage uses a 500K and a 250K pot, but my tech found that there were 2 500K pots made by WD and a quality switch (switchcraft?) that appeared to be original.  Turns out there was a piece of matter in the switch that would not have fallen out by just working the switch, which I tried.  So I got a little more $$$ in it than I'd planned, and probably wouldn't have replaced the pickups except for the problem, but still.....NO regrets!  I simply love it!  The SLs really fit it there.  ;D

Glad you got it resolved. Bummer it cost you a little extra. But, hey, you're playing and happy and that's what counts!

Now...where's the "this thread is useless without sound clips" smiley???

I wish I knew how.  I have a computer degree, but have never posted a clip and wouldn't know where to start.

Archived