Heritage Owners Club

NAD

tonedeaf

In an earlier post I had mentioned that I was looking for a Henriksen 112 combo to compare with the 110 that I own.

MartyGrass read the post and offered to sell me a Henriksen 112 amp with an EyeCandy 12" cab at a nice price. Since all my amps (present and former) have been combos this seemed like a good idea to try some additional configurations I had never tried so I went ahead and bought the pair.

The gear was, of course, in excellent condition and exactly as advertised.

I was surprised at how different the sound was between the 110 and the 112. At lot is, of course, the difference in speaker size but I plugged the 110 into the EyeCandy cab and that tone was definitely different than the 112 and the cab or the 110 combo. The 112 and cab I find to be the closest to that classic jazz sound -- just sweet and really makes you want to just caress your guitar neck. The 110 combo moves towards and more bluesy jazz sound (my H575 pairs up best with the 112 and my H535 pairs up best with the 110 combo). Haven't really found a home for the 110 through the cab tone.

All and all, I am a happy camper.

post-10004-0-24796400-1389558481_thumb.jpg

Guest HRB853370

In an earlier post I had mentioned that I was looking for a Henriksen 112 combo to compare with the 110 that I own.

MartyGrass read the post and offered to sell me a Henriksen 112 amp with an EyeCandy 12" cab at a nice price. Since all my amps (present and former) have been combos this seemed like a good idea to try some additional configurations I had never tried so I went ahead and bought the pair.

The gear was, of course, in excellent condition and exactly as advertised.

I was surprised at how different the sound was between the 110 and the 112. At lot is, of course, the difference in speaker size but I plugged the 110 into the EyeCandy cab and that tone was definitely different than the 112 and the cab or the 110 combo. The 112 and cab I find to be the closest to that classic jazz sound -- just sweet and really makes you want to just caress your guitar neck. The 110 combo moves towards and more bluesy jazz sound (my H575 pairs up best with the 112 and my H535 pairs up best with the 110 combo). Haven't really found a home for the 110 through the cab tone.

All and all, I am a happy camper.

attachicon.gifHJA1.jpg

Where are these Henryson amps made at?

Where are these Henryson amps made at?

http://www.jazzamp.com/company.asp

"Today, we have a modest facility located in Denver, CO. Our product is manufactured in the USA. We use a modified form of outsourcing to achieve high integrity quality control. We purchase all of the components contained in the JazzAmp electronics and send them out in a kit to a very sophisticated assembly house in Denver. When the boards are completed we test them here and install them in their chassis, which are also manufactured at a facility in the Denver area. Our cabinets are currently manufactured in California using the finest of imported Baltic Birch. Our speakers are made in Eminence KY.

We perform final assembly here at our plant. Each amplifier is play tested with a guitar before it is packaged. This assures the highest level of customer satisfaction."

Archived