Heritage Owners Club

Comparative recordings of my 1994 Heritage Eagle (mahogany)

barrymclark

I like the tone Barry! I'm more partial to the electric, but you would have guessed that. If it were me I'd give the distortion box a stomp, dial in a little verb, and then go to town on some stomp'n blues.

I haven't ventured gainward on it yet. Maybe..... :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I like the tone Barry! I'm more partial to the electric, but you would have guessed that. If it were me I'd give the distortion box a stomp, dial in a little verb, and then go to town on some stomp'n blues.

Just for you. :)

Please excuse the slop. I am still getting accustomed to the narrower string spacings and longer scale.

https://soundcloud.com/barrymclark/a-take-on-motorheads-ace-of

Nice :)

My Eagle is a lot brighter than any other guitar I've ever owned. Yours sounds pretty bright too. I expected more low-end from mine considering the mahogany and large, deep body.

Nice :)

My Eagle is a lot brighter than any other guitar I've ever owned. Yours sounds pretty bright too. I expected more low-end from mine considering the mahogany and large, deep body.

It didn't come across in the recording but there is a VERY present bottom end. But it is definitely a brighter sound. The pickup kinda reminds me of the Power'tron in the neck position of my Gretsch that way.

I really liked the electric tone on Maybe Baby. I never would have guessed that you were getting that sound from a guitar like an Eagle. It does have a lot of acoustic presence even when it's plugged in but it also has a really nice rockabilly vibe that I would normally associate with something like a Gretsch 6120.

I really liked the electric tone on Maybe Baby. I never would have guessed that you were getting that sound from a guitar like an Eagle. It does have a lot of acoustic presence even when it's plugged in but it also has a really nice rockabilly vibe that I would normally associate with something like a Gretsch 6120.

Thanks! Coming from someone whose tone I have always been impressed by, that means a lot.

That is sounds, amplified, something along the lines of a Gretsch isn't entirely shocking. I have a late 60's 6120 that has TV Jones Power'trons in it and the floater in this reminds me very much of the neck position Power'tron. Very articulate. There is bass but isn't as dark toned as what I normally associate with Gibson type PAFs.

Wow, sounds wonderful either way!

Nice playing too!

Thanks! That style of play seems to really suit me. I tend to jump into other styles of play with the intent of being a jazzer or rockabilly player but all that happens is I end up just augmenting my style of play without becoming an honest jazzer or whatever.

Great playing. I have always enjoyed the Stray Cats, you represented very well!

Thanks! I don't play rockabilly with the feel everyone expects. Not on purpose. It is more of a limitation. So, I quit trying and do it my way. :D

It doesn't get me gigs but I have fun.

Archived