Heritage Owners Club

To Plek, or not to plek?

augfive

Im sure this has been discussed before, But your opinions/ experiences would be helpful.

Anyone have a guitar plekke'd and notice a big difference? How much does it matter who is running the Plek machine? Anyone have it done at Wolfe guitars?

thanks!

I took one of my guitars to be Plek'ed at the Music Gallery in Highland Park, Illinois last year. It made a significant difference. I brought two more guitars in to be Plek'ed after that. Of the six guitars I own today, only one has not been Plek'ed.

Like anything - the machine is only as good as the operator - but in my opinion - there is no way a traditional luthier could even come close to dialing in the optimum set up that can be achieved with this technology.

I am in the "do it" camp for sure - well worth the money - and if you are buying new from Jay Wolfe - he usually thaws in the service at no additional charge.

-

Wow- so far, all positive for the Pleking.

I am buying new from Wolfe guitars and was quoted $125.00, which about half price from what I've read so far.free would better though!

I just played my SG again this morning and I have to say I cannot believe how well it plays after having this done.

I was initially wondering why all my cords I was playing were out of tune even though the guitar was in tune, what I realized was I was pressing so hard because the action used to be so high and buzzed, to get it to play clean I had to press hard. All I have to do is lightly touch the strings in the shape of a chord and it rings out clean with zero buzz no matter how hard I beat it mercilessly.

I have never played a guitar that was so easy to play, I am in complete disbelief at how easy it can be when the guitar is properly set up. I just don't see how the human eye could ever even come close to what a PLEK is capable of in the hands of a qualified Luthier.

Archived