Heritage Owners Club

NGD: Unexpected baby arrival- Sweet 16

MartyGrass

It is obviously possible to make them because Heritage has. You risk breaking more rims to make them than doing a Florentine cutaway. But Florentine cutaways are more labor intensive.

In this guitar the access to higher frets is the same as the Florentine. The cutaway is more radical than in the larger archtops, which gives better fret access.

You can see this if you study the pix.

I'm sure someone can comment on the tone differences between the two cutaway shapes. I'm not sure there is a difference. I can't detect it anyway.

Sorry Kuz, my phone won't do emoticons, it was given as humor, I hope you didn't take it the wrong way. It's just funny to hear you say that you don't hear a difference in tone. Sorry if I hurt your feeling, your a good guy.

Peace

Lance

Sorry Kuz, my phone won't do emoticons, it was given as humor, I hope you didn't take it the wrong way. It's just funny to hear you say that you don't hear a difference in tone. Sorry if I hurt your feeling, your a good guy.

Peace

Lance

Cool, I understand. I am cursed with discerning ears (it is a curse, less sensitive ears would have saved me a lot of money), but now I definitely know what I like. I'll be the first to say when I can & cannot hear something, and the difference in cutaways have no tonal difference to me.

Archived