Heritage Owners Club

School me on the Prospect blues deluxe

nitroman58

Hello, I am looking at one and wanted to know what the sonic character was like? Are they voiced like a 335? Are there any better or worse years? I believe this one is from 1988.

Also, what price range should I be looking at? It may or not be a factor, but this one is left handed.

Thanks.

Great starting point.

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/topic/26000-blues-deluxe/

The blues deluxe is constructed in the same way as a 535/335 guitar but an inch narrower. Sonic differences from construction are minimal, and as with any guitar, significant changes can be made with p'ups, harness, strings, pedals and amps. If you like the semi sound, a Prospect is a great guitar.

You'll love that guitar. At PSP1 Curly, from the factory, had his ER Blues Deluxe with him. Looked good, played good. It is, after all, a Heritage guitar. Regardless of who sold it originally.,

Wasn't the Blues Deluxe originally spec'd out by Ed Roman? We haven't had a good Ed Roman thread in a loooooong time. Wasn't he the guy that designed the headstock, too?

:hiding:

Are you asking if Ed Roman designed the headstock on the Blues deluxe?

Damn it, Kenny, why did you have to go and do that. You didn't even give it a chance. :crybaby2:

When I started buying guitars in the mid 90s, Ed Roman was very helpful to me. I talked with him on the phone quite a bit. He always had time and a lot of knowledge to share. He had a very good website for the 90s as well. A great section on the Hamer Factory too. I quit buying guitars and stopped talking with him. I guess since then he started counterfeiting guitars and I heard he died a few years ago. That was kind of sad news for me.

To the OP: Congrats and enjoy. Post pictures please.

Very cool guitar you got Nitroman. It appears to be a regular Prospect. The Blues Deluxe guitars I have seen have large block position markers and multiple binding, ebony fingerboard, etc. Same guitar just more or less ornamentation.

Here's another left handed Prospect: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=844462

My understanding is that the blues Deluxe is nothing more than a Prospect with a full block, and shipped to Roman. You could order the same guitar from Heritage yourself as a custom build. Roman sold these in many different ways cosmetically, blocks, traps, dots, VIP, D-VIP, lots of colors etc. But to be called a Blues DeLuxe they simply had to have the full center block, and be sold by Roman.

He may have had different "packages", but I've never been aware of that being the case.

He may have had different "packages", but I've never been aware of that being the case.

Considering it's Ed Roman, he also may have just had regular Prospects and a pile of blank of labels. If you believe what you read on the internet (you can't), he wasn't exactly shy about counterfeiting guitars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Soybean, are there different versions of the blues deluxe?

Inside the F hole reads the following:

Ed Roman

Blues Deluxe

Model 05B

Are you sure that's a 5? I'd bet it's an S, as in OSB - Old Style Burst.

Archived