Heritage Owners Club

Trapeze vs. Wrap-tail

Dick Seacup

I was just sitting here thinking about that limited run Black Beauty (the real Black Beauty with the staple P90, not that later three-bucker abomination). What I was pondering was what I would do to that basic configuration to personalize it. Naturally, an ebony board (or maybe they already have those; I don't know) and a trapeze or a wrap-tail to replace the stupid tuna-no-magic bridge would be necessary. But...what effect do each of those solutions have on the overall voice and feel of the guitar? Major difference? None at all? Anyone know or care to opine?

Don't know, but I like my 30th anniversary model even though it has the TOM setup. I would have liked it better if they would have used an ABR-1 in lieu of the Nashville. I initially thought a wrap-tail would have been cool, but that would not have been in line with the original '55 LPC.

The '54 Custom had the ebony & tunamatic and the '54 Standard had the rosewood & wrap tail. The LE is like the Custom.

I have never tried the wrap tail, but I've read plenty of opinions. Mostly, folks cite a better transfer between string and wood; also for some reason, a slinkier feel. I think I get a "loose" feel from my trapeze tail piece guitars - something about angle and length of string behind the bridge.

I guess that doesn't answer your question, sorry.

post-408-0-82510300-1411873995_thumb.jpg

I like the wraptail.

To me a resomax is more comfortable than an ABR-1 or Nashville but the traditional plain bar would look more retro cool. Heritage can build with a ABR-1 or you can retro fit.

post-408-0-82510300-1411873995_thumb.jpg

I like the wraptail.

To me a resomax is more comfortable than an ABR-1 or Nashville but the traditional plain bar would look more retro cool. Heritage can build with a ABR-1 or you can retro fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Appreciate the responses and input. Alas, I succumbed to the siren song of a different guitar; no custom build this year. :'(

It's only October!

Archived