Heritage Owners Club

99 Cherry Prospect Upgrades

DOGBOY

Just got this back Saturday and was able to get some pictures done for the gallery. It had all the original Schaller hardware and pickups when I bought it back in July. It has a new bridge/tailpiece, Railhammer pickups, and I had new custom bone nut done as well. I finally gave it a good clean and polish which it needed badly. I'm having some difficulty getting used to the larger body size as this is my first go round on a semi hollow. I thought it would be really smart to put a bunch of money into the guitar and then see if I can adapt to it, brilliant!! :icon_smile:SDC10087_zps67fcb486.jpgSDC10108_zpsf76aa1da.jpgSDC10094_zps430c39e8.jpg

That's a great looking guitar. You'll get used to it, I'm sure. I play a 335, a 576 a 6120 and a 336 and I have trouble with a solid body guitar. Always looking for that "air under the tone" thing. I'm happy with hollows and semi-hollows.

What can you tell me about the railhammer pickups? Why did you choose those and what do they bring to the guitar? I've never played them, but they look interesting.

Thanks.

Stringman

What can you tell me about the railhammer pickups? Why did you choose those and what do they bring to the guitar? I've never played them, but they look interesting.

Thanks.

Stringman

Thanks for the feedback all, much appreciated. As far as the Railhammer pickups I had heard them once very briefly earlier this year. Then Kuz had a set for sale here so I decided to give them a try. I have not had time to play the Prospect more than about 20 minutes since I got it back. I should have some time this weekend to get a feel for them.

Archived