Heritage Owners Club

First guitar

tmmii

It's got an HRW pickup in it. That's an Heritage original -reworked Schaller sprinkled with pixie dust by Ren Wall hisself.

It will produce some really clear creamy tones.

In the "good old days" of learning to play a guitar, usually it was a dime store guitar or at the very least was impossible to keep in tune let alone try and fret a chord. So, in chiming in and basically reiterating everything everyone else has pointed out, that learning to play on a great guitar will be so nice for you.

Learn how to tune it, keep it tuned up whenever you want to play it. perhaps one of those clip on headstock tuners. That way when you DO chord a position, it will be in tune and sound pleasing to the ear. Especially a tone from that guitar.

Stay in touch with all of us on your progress. There is plenty shared here you will feel at home even at your experience level.

and, as others have stated sorry for your loss.

Ronnie's Guitar Shop in Hot Springs, AR was (until a few years ago) a very large shop with lots of inventory. I think it's still there, but in a much scaled-down form. When I first heard about Heritage, Ronnie's was listed as a dealer. They had a couple of Heritages of the semi-hollow variety (as I recall) on the rack that were owned by an older gentleman who happened to be in the shop at the time. This guy was a big time Heritage fan, and named off several that he owned. This would have been in about 2011 or 2012. Your grandfather perhaps? Regardless, I'd say that with a guitar as unique as this there's a good chance that Ronnie will remember some details about it.

Ronnie's Guitar Shop in Hot Springs, AR was (until a few years ago) a very large shop with lots of inventory. I think it's still there, but in a much scaled-down form. When I first heard about Heritage, Ronnie's was listed as a dealer. They had a couple of Heritages of the semi-hollow variety (as I recall) on the rack that were owned by an older gentleman who happened to be in the shop at the time. This guy was a big time Heritage fan, and named off several that he owned. This would have been in about 2011 or 2012. Your grandfather perhaps? Regardless, I'd say that with a guitar as unique as this there's a good chance that Ronnie will remember some details about it.

Wow!! I will look them up tomorrow. My grandpa was in his early 80s, his name was Ron Utterbeck and he worked there for a while, I would guess 10 years. He lived in michigan (worked at ford) until he retired and moved to Arkansas. Your post seriously gave me goosebumps! This is a very small world!

Dan/rockabilly69 said it right on the money, and that is one very super guitar. Welcome to the HOC!

tmmii, on 25 Nov 2014 - 7:08 PM, said:

Any recommendations for a place to learn in Columbus ohio?

Blunote, on 25 Nov 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

It's got an HRW pickup in it. That's an Heritage original -reworked Schaller sprinkled with pixie dust by Ren Wall hisself.

It will produce some really clear creamy tones.

Stupid question, who's that?

Here's some background on Ren. He's 2nd generation Parsons Street. His dad "Rem" started in the 20s or 30s and he went to work at Gibson in the 50s. Lived though a lot of history there and helped design some of Gibson's products. More recently, he developed the highly regarded HRW pickup. HRW stands for "Heritage Ren Wall". Due to supply issues and cost, it's no longer offered on new guitar builds.

You can bring that guitar to Kalamazoo, MI this summer for our get together and a factory tour.

I'm

Game when is it!?

And out of curiosity what is a ballpark on what this is worth? I have my first lesson set for Wednesday.

The PSP, Parson Street Pilgrimage, is usually the first Friday of August.

I can't tell you what the guitar is worth but it is a very nice one and probably worth around $3000.00. Others here will know better.

The PSP, Parson Street Pilgrimage, is usually the first Friday of August.

I can't tell you what the guitar is worth but it is a very nice one and probably worth around $3000.00. Others here will know better.

Friday might work great, what time does it usually start? I head up there that

Friday might work great, what time does it usually start? I head up there that

Got timed out.... I'm in Michigan that weekend at a boating house party put on by one of the owners of Flight Club. This might work out great, might work in an extra day of recovery on the pool deck!

Archived