Heritage Owners Club

Heritage built D'Angelicos year range?

barrymclark

I think they built 12 in the early 90s.

Yea, I have been working on (begging actually) Marv to sell me & finish the New Yorker in the prototype room..... It's kind of like Kenny's (Tulk1) Heritage banjo quest..... neither are ever gonna happen!!

I think they built 12 in the early 90s.

Yea, I have been working on (begging actually) Marv to sell me & finish the New Yorker in the prototype room..... It's kind of like Kenny's (Tulk1) Heritage banjo quest..... neither are ever gonna happen!!

I've tried that too. Haha.

And at the factory tour in 2013, there was a 535 type D'Angelico in the finish room. Jim Deurloo said it was a prototype..

So I've heard!

In my case, though, I am looking at my options for a 1996 year model. ;)

I have a Heritage from 1994 and 2009 which each coincides with my first daughter and only son respectively. I need another one for my second daughter's birth year.

I'd REALLY dig on either a 1996 Super Eagle or 550. I'd still entertain a Guild or Gretch Country Club from the year. The 6196-1955 in particular!

Is that the semi-hollow D'A prototype I have been hearing about?

I'm not sure if that is the same one..

I captured it on video at PSP.. it appears at the end of this video.. just after the 8 minute mark

I had asked Jim about D"Angelico models just after arriving at the plant and he told me about this prototype upstairs , so I was on the lookout for it.

Archived