Heritage Owners Club

Which Heritage..?

JAM

Which Heritage model most closely resembles the Gibson Les Paul Standard?

TIA

cheers!

Jim

H-150* = Les Paul Standard

H-157 = Les Paul Custom

H-140 = Les Paul Studio (has an overall thinner body)

* They often follow the H-150 with the letters CM which stands for "Curly Maple" (i.e. H-150CM)

I agree with the 150 and the 157. I don't see the 140 like the studio. I don't think it has a like guitar in Gibson. Just my opinion however...

I agree with the 150 and the 157. I don't see the 140 like the studio. I don't think it has a like guitar in Gibson. Just my opinion however...

Mostly meant that due to the slightly slimmer body.

I don't think they even compare at all beside some design features of the 150/157's.

Heritage is hand built, Heritage now uses Tonepros and Seymour Duncans on all builds as standard equipment. Which is absolutely top level!

Gibson has leaned on a reputation for far too many years and If you want plastic pots, PCB boards, poor QC and silly gimmicks they are a perfect guitar at a ridiculous price! ....

In terms of aesthetics I would say Dave's assessment is pretty accurate for the 150 being like a Standard and the 157 being a custom. To me the 140 remind me of the older Studio Standard. Which was a higher end studio with body binding and burst finished but dot inlays on the boards.

Archived