Heritage Owners Club

Newest Member

meado

Just a short hello.  I bought my first Heritage, an Eagle, many years ago.  Currently I own 2 Heritage guitars, an H-120 and an H-535..both Ebay finds from a few years back.

Anyway, I look forward to keeping up on all things Heritage!

Here's the story.  I got the guitar off of Ebay and it was a mess. The black finish was chipped and gouged...even colored in with black marker on exposed wood.

I had the finished stripped and my wife (the artist) did the painting. 

It's an Aboriginal painting style...lots of dots..based on the design of a Tibetian prayer rug.  The back of guitar is a more traditional rendering of Aboriginal "dream lines."

Anyway, I replaced the pick-up, bridge and stop piece and that's how it ended up.  The pick-up is a high gain Gibson.  It's sort of the ultimate guitar for playing "Mississippi Queen."

Here's the back side...

Heritage_H-120_Back.JPG

Heritage_H-120_Back.JPG_thumb

She'll be pleased with your comments.  The H535 I have was a great Ebay bargain a few years back.  I put on a new bridge, stop piece and put in 57 Classic Humbuckers.

Ebay was incredible about 7-8 years ago.  It's a lot tougher to find the bargains now. I think I paid just under $600 for this guitar...It's a 1998 model.

H535_close_up.JPG

H535_close_up.JPG_thumb

Archived