Heritage Owners Club

Heritage necks......

redshark

Probably up thru most of the 90s they were quite thin - think '60s profile thin. They started getting a bit fatter in the 2ks. But really didn't get "fat" until sometime around 2008 or so. As custom orders came in for fatter necks, the standard profile increased.

My 2007 has a perfect '50s neck. But it was a wolfe guitars special order.. so I am guessing he knows how to spec a guitar.

Spec a guitar??....If I'm not mistaken he damn near invented the guitar!

Just give him a minute and he'll tell ya.

-Be sure to get 3 qoutes

My 2007 has a perfect '50s neck. But it was a wolfe guitars special order.. so I am guessing he knows how to spec a guitar.

Custom orders for neck sizes was always an option. It was this very option, such as your Wolfe spec'd guitar that has driven Heritage to increase the neck size thru the ages. I can tell you, those early ones could get quite thin. In recent years I think the 50's is probably the most popular size ... with the Marv Carve. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the answers!! Then I think I really need to go for an early one!!

I dislike chuncky necks and that's why I have owned like 7 heritage guitars and have sold all of them!!

and I loved them all at some point.

LUIS, call me anytime to discuss. Let me know what you are looking for.

Most of my new inventory is spec'd 60's thin, most of my personal guitars at thin. The guitar you sold me was classic 59 .850-.950 rounded. My 60's orders are coming in D shaped, no shoulders around .800-830 1st fret,

90's have skinny necks commonly to 2002ish where they seemed to have some flatter profile with shoulders becoming more common.

You definitely need to buy from someone that knows their stuff

Archived