Heritage Owners Club

My custom H555 in action, for all eternity

Ghostbound

Howdy, folks! I will cut to the chase - I recently completed work on the debut album of my long-gestating, solo-ish project, Ghostbound. I launched a a bandcamp page featuring two tracks as a sort of "teaser" for when I eventually release the full-length album, provisionally titled "All is Phantom". In any case, here it is:

www.ghostbound.bandcamp.com

The H555 is featured on "The Wildest of Rivers" as the main guitar on the left channel as well as for all leads and ambient guitar that you hear on it (no keyboards were used). At the time of recording, the guitar was outfitted with a Duncan '59 in the neck and a Custom Custom in the bridge, both of which I have recently gutted in favor of a set of Bare Knuckle Mules along with completely new electronics. For those who are interested, the guitar on the right channel is an ESP E-II Eclipse with a Bare Knuckle Rebel Yell in the bridge and a BK Cold Sweat in the neck, that I have since sold. Everything was played through an Orange Rockerverb MK II 100 watt head combined with a Bogner Ecstacy through either a Bogner or Mesa Boogie cabinet (I do not recall which one).

The other song, for anyone who is curious, "(I Will) Keep My Dreams Inside", features my custom Monson Nomad with a calibrated set of BK Rebel Yells as the only instrument - All clean tones were played through a VHT (not Fryette) Deliverance, and all distorted tones were played through the Orange.

Let me know your thoughts!

Regards,

Alec

Thanks so much! A Morphine comparison is high praise indeed. My early tagline for this band was "Crowded House Gone Metal", though I have an eternal love for bands like The Waterboys, Big Country, David Sylvian,The Chameleons, Fields of the Nephilim, the first three Christian Death records, et cetera, combined with my black metal upbringing :-)

Regards,

Alec

Thank you! Yes indeed - the one good thing to arise out of the whole Brexit fiasco was a decent exchange rate on British imports :-) I would jump on it while you can. I have a BK Alnico 5 Nailbomb and a VHII in my custom Monson Nomad, and for the Floyd Rose-laden super strat guitars I use with my other band, Kosmodemonic, I have a Miracle Man in the bridge. I have never been let down by a Bare Knuckle pickup.

Oh, and in case anyone wants to give us a like on the ol' Book o' Faces, feel free to check us out at www.facebook.com/ghostboundthrone -

- Alec

Regards

• 1 month later...

Hi, folks! I have revamped the bandcamp page in an effort to make it a little more "user-friendly". In so doing, I have turned a few of the songs from the full-length into a little "teaser EP" as a means to get potential labels interested. I have included an extra song, which also features the H555 in all its gorgeous glory along with my long-since-sold ESP E-II Eclipse.

It is available for streaming or purchase!

https://ghostbound.bandcamp.com/releases

Regards,

Alec

Archived