Heritage Owners Club

Buy a guitar at the factory?

Psychoangus

Hi there, don't know if this has already been asked but, when you go on the factory tour, is there an opportunity to pick a guitar at the factory and buy it there, kinda like a factory shop? Or are they always manufactured and ear-marked for the dealers? Thinking about making a pilgrimage and coming back with one!

Cheers,

PsychoAngus

You can't buy "factory direct". You must purchase from a dealer, but many have had guitars made and picked them up at the factory. Best to talk to your dealer (there are several here on the HOC).

Even if you don't pick up a guitar, a visit to the factory is always a great time.

We have hosted a Parsons Street Pilgrimage the past 9 years. Watch this site for information for 2017.

I just received a H-535 for a B-Day gift from my brother and his wife. They live near Kalamazoo, and purchased mine at the factory! Most of the employees signed the label inside the F hole. I'd say it can be done!

It can be done but they run the purchase through a local dealer. It is not just as easy as giving them a credit card. Also when they did it the sale was cash only. Now with the new ownership...... who knows????!!!!

When I visited there two weeks ago, somebody asked the question to the tour guide, a longtime Heritage employee. The answer was not a no and not a yes, so check with them.

Archived