Heritage Owners Club

Experience with H-162s, anyone?

rwinking

There are a couple of H-162s out there and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. I have a Stat and other than the bolt on vs. set necks, what other differences are there. The ones on eBay are $650 - 850 but I found one locally for $500. Generally is that a good deal?

I had one for a while. I also have a STAT and I believe the STAT is a superior guitar.

I also don't think the original pickups are right for this guitar.

Having said that, I quite liked it. I only sold it to raise money for a custom 150. It was cool having a Heritage with a maple board. $500 is a great price.

This is the one I had.

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/gallery/image/3860-88-h162-white/

thanks everyone. I do have a Stat and it is a really nice R&R guitar. I got rid of the Schallers and put some nice Dimarzios in it and it screams.

About the 162.....Is it a maple neck? What is the body made of? I am thinking it is probably a little lighter than the Stat?

rick

thanks everyone. I do have a Stat and it is a really nice R&R guitar. I got rid of the Schallers and put some nice Dimarzios in it and it screams.

About the 162.....Is it a maple neck? What is the body made of? I am thinking it is probably a little lighter than the Stat?

rick

It is a maple neck, at least mine was a maple neck. I never got a straight answer on the body. I asked Jim and Marv at one of the PSPs and they couldn't agree. It's definitely poplar or something else :) It was pretty light. I never weighed it

Yeah, I tried to get some info from past posts here including the thread about guitars that Heritage no longer builds. I found old ads for a lot of past guitars but not this one. If I can get it for $500 I think I will. I will definitely swap out the Pups but not sure what. I would like a Hendrix-y neck single coil.

Thanks everybody for your input. Hot Damn!

New guitar and new tones!

Rick

Archived