Heritage Owners Club

waht new bridge for my h140?

cod65

My recent purchase came with a roller bridge. I got the tonepros locking alum  tailpiece on order, and am looking  for a new bridge to replace the Schaller roller (I don't really see the point of the rollers, without a bigsby on there)

Waht does this astute body recommend ?

really ? I have one on my bigsbied 158. its fine and all, but i always assumed  iwa losing some tone in its 'complicated' mechanism.   Care to elaborate Bob? would love to hear some opinions

I have both the schaller roller and the schaller tom. and while I think they both sound fine the roller is sooooooo much better for setting intonation, especialy if you flip flop on string gauge ie.. play like I do 13/12/11/9/even 8's

on any given week ... just my 2 cents.

sounds good, guys, thanks for the opines.  Anybody care to review the 'fine tune tailpiece  compared to a tone pros locking tail ?

Jay Wolfe told me point blank that Seymore Duncan did very scientific analysis on the sustain of the Schaller roller vs the Nashville tuneamatic.

Results: Tune-amatic had 22% more sustain!!! Jay was care to point out that this wasn't some bogus "by ear shootout" but a scientific analysis. This is why you don't see schaller hardware on Wolfe's Heritages.

I have had both. Both work well, but tuneamatics on all my guitars.

how about a 'locking roller bridge' ?  anybody try ?

http://tinyurl.com/6kx6qt

sounds good, guys, thanks for the opines.  Anybody care to review the 'fine tune tailpiece  compared to a tone pros locking tail ?

I have one on a CS-336F & it's great.

really ? I have one on my bigsbied 158. its fine and all, but i always assumed  iwa losing some tone in its 'complicated' mechanism.   Care to elaborate Bob? would love to hear some opinions

I don't think that Schaller bridge is stealing any of your tone or sustain. I do have an issue of Guitarist (2002), the guitar buyers bilbe, in front of me.

Main article is a shootout between Les paul Std., PRS, Heritage and McInturff. The Heritage H150 with Schaller bridge and HRW's really outclassed the others,

when it came to sound. (it also outperformed a H150 with Duncans).

The sound is probably  no reason to change the bridge. Better get some spare rollers in case of stringbreak.

I have a H140 with Scaller bridge and I see no reason to replace the bridge.

Archived