Heritage Owners Club

TV Jones pick ups in an H550

woodboatguy

Hi All:

New member here, already have owned 535 for 12 years and love it, but recently aquired a 9 year old 550 and was looking for thoughts on putting TV Jones pick ups in it. The stock Schallers aren't cutting it for the sound I would like, which is more Gretsch like. Played a number of Asian Gretsches, but the fit, finish and quality of Heritage made this a better buy IMHO. She's at the luthier's now for some work, and I will give the Schallers time when she's back just in case I do like them. Any thoughts on SD 59s or Seth Lovers for this box?

And yes, I know  :this_thread_is_useless_withou

Pics to come soon.

I have debated putting a set of these in my 535.  If I were looking at pickups for a 550 I think these would be on top of the list as well. 

I am thinking about stinking up the amp and getting the Buffalo Springfield thing going with these pups. 

I also like the sound of TV Jones pups from what I have heard on Gretsches too. I've read good things about the Seth Lovers, but since it appears that they aren't wax potted, I'm thinking that on a 550 hollow body, feedback might be even more of an issue. Not that I play that loud.

Friend of mine just dropped a pair of T.V.'s into his Gretsch; they sound terrific!  I might also suggest Duncan Phat Cats, his P-90, which drops straight into a humbucker aperture.  Have a pair in my 576...a very honkin' p'up!

Archived