Heritage Owners Club

sell all my gtrs & get 2 custommade heritages?

bolero

hmm, was on another forum comparing gibson to heritages....and I got this idea of selling all my gtrs & getting 2 custom heritages built:

1. les paul style with a '59 era neck shape, and the biggest headstock they can find. premium wood, no crazy flames though, and no neck binding. also I would get a wraparound bridge, like the kahuna model & the oxtail LP

2. 535 style, ditto as above, but maybe with a bigsby for kicks

the main beef I have the my current heritages is the necks are too slim, I'm a fan of chunkier necks....my LP studio is just about right

what do you think?

That sounds like a good plan to me.  I know the guys at Heritage will build you exactly what you want with the body and neck specs.  They might want you to give them the specs off of a neck that you like. Maybe take some kind of a template so they can duplicate it.  Hope everything works out for you!

I ordered half of my Heritages and asked for the chunky, baseball bat, 50s neck and TRUST me they will be the all the neck you want.

Be careful what you order because they are BIG.

Like GW said it is best to send in the neck measurement you want and let them build it that way.

I ordered half of my Heritages and asked for the chunky, baseball bat, 50s neck and TRUST me they will be the all the neck you want.

Be careful what you order because they are BIG.

Like GW said it is best to send in the neck measurement you want and let them build it that way.

That's good to know. I'm expecting my new Heritage at the end of this week and asked for a HUGE neck. My current 150 has a neck that's between a 60's and a 50's neck, I dig it but man I like a big neck.

That's good to know. I'm expecting my new Heritage at the end of this week and asked for a HUGE neck. My current 150 has a neck that's between a 60's and a 50's neck, I dig it but man I like a big neck.

Give us a report as to how you like the neck after you've had some time to run it through the paces.

I asked for a '59 profile on my 2008Millie. That's all we told them. And it def came back thicker than the neck on the 2001 Millie SAE or the '07 535. Those are a bit on the thinner side, more like the traditional cross between the 50's and 60's Heritage has been doing. When I called Ren to give feedback on the guitar I mention the thicker neck. He replied they were getting lots of requests for the fatter neck lately. And may be headed that way as the regular profile. So, could be in the next year that you have to request thinner necks! The Millie neck has that offset profile of Marv's too. Very comfortable in the hand, for sure. :thumbsup:

Give us a report as to how you like the neck after you've had some time to run it through the paces.

Oh I will, and pictures too. I've been around long enough to know better :)

I usually don't honey moon with an instrument, so I'll probably have a report by early next week, I have band practice on Sat so I can put it through it's paces pretty quickly.

Archived