Heritage Owners Club

I consulted the Oracle of Kalamazoo...

Mikenov

I have a feeling attendance will be up for round 2.  we may have to seek other options....the barn was pretty much to capacity w/ the crowd we had this year.

Maybe someplace AIR CONDITIONED ;D

Well it is your place, ( personally I think it was perfect, but I understand that it is a sacrifice for your family having all of our loud ruckus around) but we need to keep the sheep or I'll go to the hotel with out a date. :'(

Well,

last year I have my wife's pregnancy keeping me from sticking around.  I can get there early and help with set up and stay overnight. If we have enough people staying overnight we should get some #'s together and aproach a local hotel and see if we fill their hotel if they will donate a conference room where we can have out gathering. I am sure they have bands for weddings and partys so the noise shouldn't be an issue.

Well it is your place, ( personally I think it was perfect, but I understand that it is a sacrifice for your family having all of our loud ruckus around) but we need to keep the sheep or I'll go to the hotel with out a date. :'(

Its not that we dont want to host it again...i just have a feeling that it might be a little cramped if we get many more in attendence.  Or am i wrong about that?

no worries man!  The pilgrimage is important! We will figure it out. Right now its hard to think of summer when the snow is piling up outside. If the pilgrimage happens great if not we got to get a regional jam happening anyways. I want to get out and play with all of you guys again!

OK,

tone report.

Right now this guitar is set up with 9's which is not my cup of tea. Its got a SD Jazz in the bridge and a stock schaller in the neck. The Jazz gives a clear tone but is sort of brighter than I am used to. Still, its a good sounding pickup. I wish I had a jazz in the neck instead but oh well. The schaller actually sounds pretty darn good too. Very clear which is a HUGE suprise and a little bright for my tastes again. But not muddy like the ones in my previous guitar (the gold H150). So, I may have to revise my opinion of the Schallers. Not bad really. I like a warmer tone out of that neck pickup though. Also, what i thought were finish blemishes on the back of the guitar, is actually thick sticky grime. Its obvious this guitar was this guys' beater axe which astonishes me. Its got some nics and stuff but when I get it cleaned up and maybe a new neck pickup or maybe new pickups entirely, I think its going to be pretty decent. The top is clear. Also, he has the bridge screwed down onto the top. Between that, the set of 9's, and the set up being a little lower than my taste, I think I don't have a full picture of how this guitar is going to end up.

I wish I had a jazz in the neck instead but oh well.

Mike, send that sumbich to me and 'll switch that pup for you.  Then you might not get it back for a while........  :wink:

In my earlier post I said that the finish was hard on these guitars.  I thought the same thing about my old 150 I got back in 1990.  Now that I think about it a buddy had his dad's 59' LP out one day when I was a kid and it was the same way.  I have never felt a "solidness" maybe, in a Gibson that I see on the cherry 150 and my buddies' 150s.  They remind me of pianos or furniture. 

In my earlier post I said that the finish was hard on these guitars.  I thought the same thing about my old 150 I got back in 1990.  Now that I think about it a buddy had his dad's 59' LP out one day when I was a kid and it was the same way.  I have never felt a "solidness" maybe, in a Gibson that I see on the cherry 150 and my buddies' 150s.  They remind me of pianos or furniture. 

Yep. I shudder to think what they hell I was mopping up. Felt like it was a kids guitar who ate too many fruit roll ups or something. It was a gummy sticky sludge on the back of the guitar. It wiped right up though.. The finish is doing its job for sure.

Archived