Heritage Owners Club

Heritage H-140 pickups?

jerichothedrifter

Back in about 91, that H140 was STOLEN out of our house by our crackhead heavy metal dude neighbor, who immediately went and pawned it, the very same day, with his own ID, for $50. 

Fortunately I had all my serials written down, and it was just a matter of the PD matching up the serial on the police report with the pawn ticket when it cleared the pawnshop detail.  I got to actually watch the neighbor get handcuffed, put in a cop car and driven off, never to be seen again.  With his shirt off, a la an episode of Cops. 

The detective actually took the guitar by and dropped it off for me at the place where I worked.

Back in about 91, that H140 was STOLEN out of our house by our crackhead heavy metal dude neighbor, who immediately went and pawned it, the very same day, with his own ID, for $50. 

Lucky for you he clearly had the IQ of a cucumber ;D

On the other hand though $50 for a Heritage guitar... Makes me think the pawn shop owner might have been a little less than honest too :police:

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Heritage owners, maybe someone can help me: a bought an '95 H-140 few years ago. It has two '59 Seymour zebra without the pickup cover. Is it possible that it was originally like that? I had some other Heritage in the past and i have a Roy Clark now as well. The 140 has a much less trebles than the others.  Else, if it's not stock like that how can i order/bye HRW,s without sending my guitar to the Factory... I'm living in Hungary, Europe. Thanks very much in advance!

h-140_1.JPG

h-140_1.JPG_thumb

Dear Heritage owners, maybe someone can help me: a bought an '95 H-140 few years ago. It has two '59 Seymour zebra without the pickup cover. Is it possible that it was originally like that? I had some other Heritage in the past and i have a Roy Clark now as well. The 140 has a much less trebles than the others.  Else, if it's not stock like that how can i order/bye HRW,s without sending my guitar to the Factory... I'm living in Hungary, Europe. Thanks very much in advance!

h-140_1.JPG

h-140_1.JPG_thumb

Dear Heritage owners, maybe someone can help me:

I can certainly help you... I can help relieve you of the guitar... Send it to me immediately... >:D ;D

Sorry, only joking. :P  Welcome to the forum.

I don't think Heritage fitted Zebra pickups as standard on any of their guitars. Having said that it is possible to custom order a guitar so maybe that is what happened.

I think it is more likely that someone has changed the pickups. I expect the original pickups were "Schallers" and they are not always popular, quite often they get changed.

(I know some of you guys like Schaller pups but you'd have to admit they are not the majority of peoples choice on a premium guitar) :-X

I can't help you with ordering HRW's, (I'm in England) but maybe a fellow USA based HOC member will help.

Anyway... Nice guitar and thanks for posting pictures...

You want tone? Here's the pickups you want.>> http://www.bg-pups.com/hb.html I dumped those Schallers and bought a set of these BG Pups for my '88 H-150. I got the BG Bucker Dark for the bridge and the Lizard for the neck. Great prices for the quality you get too. Here's 11 year old kid at You Tube playing Since I've Been Loving You by Led Zeppelin with these same pickups I bought in a Schecter PT, check it out>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wscg9jaceKI

Archived