Heritage Owners Club

H-150 Special

High Flying Bird

One of my buds has an H-150 Special.  It is very thin and very light.  We picked around during the Florida/Oklahoma game the other night and I got a few pics of it because we were discussing Tulk's Millie's finish which is the same as Jim's 150.  Here are a couple of pics showing it's finish and it's thickness. 

This thin guitar is louder acoustically than mine and my other bud's 150s.

width=319 height=480http://www.ronwarren.com/150s/img_9961_std.jpg[/img]

width=318 height=480http://www.ronwarren.com/150s/img_9939_std.jpg[/img]

The back looks like mahogany.  There is no gut cut.  This is the only Special I have ever seen so I can't say what others are like. 

The specs section on the website lists the body as "hardwood"  Don't know what that means but if it were mahogony it would probably say that.  I owned a special a few years ago and the tone was great!

It seems like I checked out the label a long time ago but I can't remember what it said.  I will check it out the next time I am over at his place.

I shall bite my tongue... :P

We have a local gentlemens club called "The Lumberyard"  Their advertising slogan is "The Lumberyard... Where real men go to get wood"  I wonder if they have guitars there?

We have a local gentlemens club called "The Lumberyard"  Their advertising slogan is "The Lumberyard... Where real men go to get wood"   I wonder if they have guitars there?

I think perhaps an explanation is in order as to how you know about this place :undecided:

Perhaps one day, when you found yourself in urgent need of a bit of 2 by 4, you "accidentally" visited thinking they sold timber ;D

I think perhaps an explanation is in order as to how you know about this place :undecided:

Perhaps one day, when you found yourself in urgent need of a bit of 2 by 4, you "accidentally" visited thinking they sold timber ;D

They actually do that bit of advertising on the local radio stations.  I haven't personally been in that particular establishment. Not that I haven't seen that type of entertainment in my younger days.  I'm getting up there to the age where I can't stay up with that rowdy bunch and consume mass quantities of ale until all hours of the morning.

Archived