Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Eagle with Armstrong Floater

peterbright

The only Gibson with a floating HB (floater is a really ugly way to put it) is the Johnny Smith.  This model became the Le Grande when Smith switched to Heritage.  I really wish Heritage would lure Smith back themselves now that Benedetto is no longer making his signature model for Guild.

There isn't a Gibson guitar that comes with a full-sized HB like Armstrong now makes.

My Super Eagle has the mounted HB pickups, but i have the hand made Kent Armstrong Johnny Smith replica on my D'angelico NYL-2 and it's the bomb!  I got a set of the hand made 12 pole mounted Kent Armstrong Humbuckers for my Super Eagle, but I haven't installed them yet.

If you buy the Armstrongs, spend the extra cash and get the hand made versions here: http://www.archtop.com.  I had the Korean made Armstrong before and it's good, but these are better (less hot but more nuanced sound).

KA floater is mounted on my Golden Eagle.  It's one of the best sounding PAF's I've ever heard AND has twelve (12) individual adjustment screws for incredibly precise string-to-pickup strength.

As recommended by Ingeneri, go through www.archtop.com to be sure you get the real deal, and not a licensed knock off from Korea.

Archived