Heritage Owners Club

Very Excited New Heritage 530 Owner!

josephdviviano

On 3/10/2022 at 1:56 PM, chico said:

nope not kidding that's why I'm here. I've owned a semi-solid H155 DC and Millenium H155 but never those models.

I've seen 530's ordered with humbuckers and 535 with P90's.  When I ordered my 535, I was trying to figure out if I wanted a 150, 530, 535, 155, 157.... I was all over the place.

But I had a Chinese made Epiphone Dot Deluxe.  It was a fine guitar in which I realized was my favorite.  High fret access (I believe the neck joint is much further up than a 530), better than any solid body or a 155.  There is a natural resonance that doesn't feedback like a full hollowbody (but can feedback under the right conditions).  So I ended up placing a custom order Heritage 535 that was very much like my Epi Dot Deluxe in appearance.  Wine red, flame maple, gold hardware, Seth Lover pickups... But my 535 was nicer.  Aside from an upgraded wood package and gold hardware, only other thing that was unique was the bound and inlaid headstock.

I steered away from the 155, 157, 555, simply because they were a $1,000+ more.  I found what I liked and it worked.  I suspect if I'd chosen a 530, I probably would not have kept it.  But I like to go from light, clean, mellow tones to down right flithy high gain.  I chose a guitar that could handle both beautifully without compromise.

The OP 530 here is a beautiful instrument, congratulations, play her in good health my friend...

Archived