Heritage Owners Club

help with tailpiece and bridge

big bob

I'll 2nd the TonePros stuff. Good company (responsive to EMail etc. if there ever is a problem, which is rare).

I have used TonePros bridges and saddles on my TV yellow P90 double cutaway Les Paul, Gibson SG 61 Reissue.

I've also used the TonePros Kluson tuners to replace those vintage looking things Gibson puts out (that don't stay in tune). The TonePros Kluson tuners look vintage, but actually work!!

I'll 2nd the TonePros stuff. Good company (responsive to EMail etc. if there ever is a problem, which is rare).

I have used TonePros bridges and saddles on my TV yellow P90 double cutaway Les Paul, Gibson SG 61 Reissue.

I've also used the TonePros Kluson tuners to replace those vintage looking things Gibson puts out (that don't stay in tune). The TonePros Kluson tuners look vintage, but actually work!!

I know this might freak out the heritage purists out there but I love the steinberger tuners on the mini-v soooooo much I have ordered a set for the stat dlx. better than traditional locking tuners in my opinion..

brs style 005.jpg

brs style 005.jpg_thumb

BigBob,

You might look into the Faber stuff on CVGuitars.com for some interesting options. On my Millie I have tonepro locking studs with the Faber bushing so the studs lock to the tailpiece and the bushing lock the studs to the body. The lightweight tailpiece has a different sound than the zinc so that is a personal thing but the $100 for the tonepros is high, the Gotoh is like $30 and the Faber studs and Alum tailpiece is $70 total. Never tried the Pigtail stuff and bridge options depend on the build quality and how O.C. we are.

You might look into the Faber stuff on CVGuitars.com for some interesting options.

+1 for the Faber hardware. Larry's a good guy to deal with, and the parts are top notch!

I dig the tone pro stuff I put on my 150 and 535. I had bone nuts installed at the same time I did those upgrades and I have to say my guitars really sustained and there was a deffinate tonal improvement. I can't verify how much is attributed to the nut replacement and the new bridge and tailpiece but the locking feature makes my life allot easier in terms of less frequent setups. I am not "handy" and have very limited time right now with the baby and toddler so I just don't have any time to tinker with my guitars. Its good to know that equipment is locked in and I can't screw it up durring a string change.

This is not a huge benefit for you bob since you obviously know your stuff but for me its huge.

I dig the tone pro stuff I put on my 150 and 535. ...... Its good to know that equipment is locked in and I can't screw it up durring a string change.

I had the Millie NFH built with TonePros locking bridge/tailpiece for similar reasons. I haven't a clue how to set them back up after they fall off. So this was a no-brainer for me.

Archived