Heritage Owners Club

Sweet 16 pickup

Rickco123

Hello, first time posting here, been a member for a little while and have found some great information. I just acquired an Sweet 16 with a single mounted TJ Doyle pickup and a "phase" switch. Ive never heard of that pickup before and cant find much about it online. This one has 2 bar magnets and I think is around 4K. Ive seen 2 other S 16's with this pickup and it seems Heritage installed them at the factory on special orders. Im looking for any info or experience with these PUs. I have a KA 12 pole mounted that I got from Kent (worlds best and nicest pickup maker) that I was saving for an occasion like this but the few bits I could find about the Doyle seems like it may have been pretty good. Im still waiting for guitar to get here so I havent heard it yet but I was hoping to get some background intel on PU in the meantime.  My new git is pretty special,   Ill post pics (if i can figure out how) when I get it

Thanks to the HOC members for this great site. Im an older retired person who doesnt spend much time with a computer and still cant text on a phone so other than occasional utube excursions this is the only place I have to go to stay "in touch"

Rick

12 hours ago, Rickco123 said:

"... Im an older retired person who doesnt spend much time with a computer and still cant text on a phone so other than occasional utube excursions this is the only place I have to go to stay "in touch."

Rick you have fallen into a good bunch of people here.  Many of us have met personally through the years.  Somebody here will know the answer to your question.  A quick search brought these up.

https://reverb.com/item/6170873-rare-tommy-doyle-pickup-system-tw-doyle

Thanks, thats the pickup but mine has one and that seems to be a 2 pup system. I do have the KA ready to go but I never heard of this TJ pup cant help wondering what the background is and why the only 2 Ive seen were 2 pics of S 16's with them mounted like mine with a switch (impedance,phase?)

Thanks for the replies,got a note it shipped today  Ill post pics when it lands

Archived