Heritage Owners Club

what heritage is my heritage

mav-1984

can anyone help me find out what model my heritage is? never found it on the heritage hompage

Hi Heritage

I am proud owner of a "The Heritage" guitar for 3 months now. i went to my shop of trust in order to find me a humbucking guitar and i tried some of those he  had including some gibson les pauls and then the guitar you see on the picture and i love it. it is an used one with the serial L 27104. The shop itself sold it about 10 years ago to the first owner. After doing some research the last weeks i am afraid i cannot find out the exact model type of my guitar. it has an ebony fingerboard gold hardware, as you can see on the pictures a beautiful top, black 5 ply pickguard and it has binding all over the guitar (neckplate, body top/back and complete neck). main reasons for me to choose this guitar have been sound, playability and quality. the look is very nice too.

Now what confuses me:

* The cutaway has the shape of a H-140.

* The pickguard the shape of a H-150.

* The neck is made of ebony like the H-157

* My shop was not sure if the pickups are original (ten years is a

long time). Didn't take them out yet to see but my dealer thinks

they are DiMarzios. (anyway it sounds great).

Hope you can help me to find out what model it is.

Greetings and thank you in forward from Austria

Bild2.jpg

Bild2.jpg_thumb

Bild1.jpg

Bild1.jpg_thumb

Bild3.jpg

Bild3.jpg_thumb

Bild5.jpg

Bild5.jpg_thumb

Hi, and welcome to the HoC. In my opinion you have one absolutely beautiful H140. Note the sharp florentine style cutaway on an otherwise LP shaped body. That's the clue right there. Since Heritage is at heart a custom shop, you may well indeed have a custom ordered H140. Hence it having the attributes of several models. Kinda of a pick and choose type deal. Have you looked at the sticker on the back of the access plate? It should have the model number there. For me, tho', I'm fairly confident you have a custom ordered H140. What a beauty!

It's not a 150 series, Bob. Check the sharp cutaway. Did they ever make an H147? That would fit the bill. Tho' I don't recall seeing that model listed.

Edit: Body thickness would be an indicator, as well. The H140 is not as thick as the 150 series. Just thought of that.

from the Heritage site  ...

H-147

FINISH

Black or white.

NECK

17-degree peghead pitch; one-piece mahogany

neck.

HEAD VENEER

Bound; mother of pearl inlay.

FINGERBOARD

24-3/4" scale bound ebony board with mother of

pearl block inlays.

BODY ?======:

Solid carved plain maple top; solid mahogany

back; multiple-bound top and back.

HARDWARE

Individual gold plated machine heads; gold plated

stop bar tailpiece and adjustable bridge; black

revealed edge pickguard.

ELECTRONICS ÉÊË

Two gold covered humbucking pickups; two

volume and two tone controls with selector switch.

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:8QQBS...;cd=3&gl=ie

Yours must have been a custom order, the only listed colours above are black or white.

If I recall I think Brent had a 147, there was also a black one listed on Ebay in the last couple of weeks.

... by the way Welcome to the HOC !!!

thx again!

according to serial number and information on heritage guitars homepage it must be a 1995 made guitar! and it is not just a H-147!

it is a H-147 CM, color VSB. as written on sticker on backplate

Serial: L27104

Maybe this is possible due to custom order?

thx again!

according to serial number and information on heritage guitars homepage it must be a 1995 made guitar! and it is not just a H-147!

it is a H-147 CM, color VSB. as written on sticker on backplate

Serial: L27104

Maybe this is possible due to custom order?

The "CM" signifies curly maple I think, i.e. the maple top on the guitar.

VSB signifies Vintage Sunburst.

Welcome to the club.  That is one Gorgeous guitar!!  You don't see many 147's around.  Very nice.  I'm gonna guess the pickups are Seymour Duncan or Dimarzio.  Definitely not the original Schaller's. Glad to hear you like it.

Hey, do I win something for the best guess?  :P I really didn't even know they had made a 147. But the build certainly suggested such a thing!!

You win the coveted HOC Gibbon!

white%20handed%20gibbon.jpg

Expect a knock on your door at any moment!!  And remember, no feeding him after midnight and he has to be at the Custom Shop in Nashville by 8a so he can keep turning out those Les Pauls!

ignore

Archived