Heritage Owners Club

525 n' 575

Scooter

Hey, all.  I have had a blast following this forum since I discovered it less than two weeks ago. Great stuff! 

Saw zoo's question about 535s and 555s and had a question along a similar vein.  What's the difference between a 525 and a 575? The Heritage site doesn't have 525s in their model section for some reason (are they only making them custom or something?), so it was hard to compare the two models.  Also checked out Wolfy's and there wasn't enough info to show any difference that I could tell between the two models. 

Scoot

Thanks for the info fx.  Brent, if you keep showin' that thing I'm going to have to git one.  I feel strongly that I'm going to start out with the 535.  It's actually between the 535 and the 525/575 at this point.  Decisions, decisions.  Oh, yeah, and money.   :undecided:

Scoot

525 is a complete hollow (no block) Tone MONSTER.

It cover from jazz to over driven Chicago blues. And as P-90 President, the Lollar p-90s rule.

Oh course the 535/555 is an incredibly versatile guitar that can do anything.

Then if you want to split the difference, go with the 535 with p-90s.

I am truly luck to have all three. I just gigged the 525 with our Worship band on some mellow songs and even our Pastor was saying Amen to that tone. :)

Pics to torture... (click on pics to enlarge)

th_Photo6_8dda1-Original-1.jpg

Custom 555 (555 inlays in a 535 body)

th__DSC1911-Edit2.jpg

535 p-90 first ever production guitar

th_Precious.jpg

Kuz, please bear with me here.  I have a lot to learn about how the different pickups sound on specific guitars.  I haven't heard P-90s on a 535.  How do the P-90s differ sound-wise from the pickups on your other 535/555?  and what's in your other 535/555?  I know Brentrocks has P-90's in his 525 and described the sound on a previous post.  I'm interested to hear you describe the 535 P-90 sound.

Scoot

Kuz, please bear with me here.  I have a lot to learn about how the different pickups sound on specific guitars.  I haven't heard P-90s on a 535.  How do the P-90s differ sound-wise from the pickups on your other 535/555?  and what's in your other 535/555?  I know Brentrocks has P-90's in his 525 and described the sound on a previous post.  I'm interested to hear you describe the 535 P-90 sound.

Scoot

First, my Cust 555 is having the Seth Lovers removed (already sold to an extremely patient friend) and Lollar imperials are being added. The Seths are very clear, but the A2 magnets make it a little harsh with OD. The Lollars have degassed A5 magnets that have a much rounder warmer and creamers/sweeter break up with out the buzz.

The 535 p-90 sounds just like you would imagine- between the fat neck & tele bridge of the 525 and the fuller but still ratty tone of my 150 with p-90s. Kind of hard to describe past that. I would say it has SLIGHTLY less out put than the cust 555 but has the ratty grizzle and grit of the p-90s with the roundness of a semi-hollow.

Come to the PSP2 (if we ever get it offical rolling andyou can hear it first hand). But I warn you their maybe only 2 guys that actually get to play the 535 p-90- me and another p-90 freak!! ;D

I played her a good deal today and between the 525 and the 535 p-90, that might be the only tones I need!!!

Kuz, you you post some soundclips of your guitars.  You've had a lot of different configurations!

Brian

Sorry I don't have anyway/don't know how to post sound clips.

Maybe with some instruction and if I find the time I can post them. I do have a boss multi-track recorder, I just don't know how to transfer the tracks to the computer.

Kuz, thanks for the info and link.  Very helpful!  You'll have to tell us how the imperials sound in your 555 when you git er done.  So far from what I've heard on youtube the P-90s are impressive sounding.  The 525 with P-90s this one guy on youtube was playing sounded sweet.

Scoot

Archived