Heritage Owners Club

Neck Pickup went Kaput..

smurph1

Last night, I was playing My H-140 with a couple of friends..It sounded great as always, I handed it to one of my buddies and suddenly the neck pickup stopped working.. Didn't make any crackling noises or anything..It just stopped working..Really wierd..It is 25 years old, so I suppose I have to expect things like this..Anyone had a similar experience? I'm probably going to take it to the shop tommorow, but I was just curious if this has happened to any else..

I have a friend that this happened to.  Fortunately, we work close to Wolfe's.....so we went there to have it checked out.  It turned out that the p'up switch needed to be "cleaned".....a little spray of deox/cleaner and it has worked perfectly since.

You may want to try this before you go another root.

Jim C

Another thought is:

Since I know you had the cover off to check the labeling on the cover, did you move any wires in the control cavity to where it could have now shifted to short out the connection from the neck pickup?  This would probably be the braided shielding wires.

It's a good possibility that it's the 3 way switch. I had an H-150 that also had the neck pickup stop working and it turned out to be one of the pots. Stock Heritage pots are usually WD's and they can fail also.  Take it to a tech and they'll diagnose it pronto.

It's a good possibility that it's the 3 way switch. I had an H-150 that also had the neck pickup stop working and it turned out to be one of the pots. Stock Heritage pots are usually WD's and they can fail also.  Take it to a tech and they'll diagnose it pronto.

do not listen to this man..  you should be able to fix this no prob.. It's not like your replaceing the truss rod..

I actually did have a new bridge pup work and then completely die. It was a Lollar Imperial and they said the internal soder joint can break off and the pup will die. They immediately replaced it and I sent the old one back to them.

Not Heritage related but I had the neck pickup on my EBMM Silhouette just stop working. One minute it was fine then ... kaput !

I had bought it new and took real good care of it, same as I do with all my gear.

Brought it to my local music shop and it turned out it was a dry solder joint.

Well..I work in the radio biz..and our chief engineer was a guitar tech in another life, So he took a bit of contact cleaner to the 3-way switch and Voila! Smurph is a happy man..Great tone and totally quiet switching! Which is more than I can say for my G word BFG..Thanks for all the suggestions..Heritage is the Sh**!! Rock On

Archived