Heritage Owners Club

Trans blue or black?

barrymclark

In my quest for a Heritage, I am trying to nail down exactly what it is I want to order. Does any one have any pics of a highly figured (quilted or flamed) maple top with a transparent blue or black? I saw someone (brentrocks) on here had an absolutely BEAUTIFUL trans-green one.

Is it yours T-steel?

Don't I wish!

It IS for sale, though. I saw it over at the Hamer Fan Club. It's VERY tempting, but it's too much coin for me.

After looking at all those pics in Photobucket, I am going for the ol' Tuxedo. I remember seeing a Gibby dressed up like that years ago when I sold them at Guitar Center and thought that was the slickest guitar I had ever seen.

So, many of my guitars will be hitting eBay over the next couple of months in an attempt to fund it. haha.

I'd love to get a trans-black, myself. It's a tricky finish, though. As someone stated, it can often hide flame. Also, if it' s too weak, it looks more like trans-brown. The most successful ones were more like a trans-grey - though I've only seen G-word ones like that, no Heritages.

That is an interesting looking guitar. How are the controls set up? Specifically, that knob on the upper bout.

Probably a Master Volume (quick kill volume knob). That's my guess anyhow.

Archived