Heritage Owners Club

Heritage hunting at Dallas guitar show

plexirocker 68

Well fellas me and wifey have been in Dallas a few days and are gearing up for the show. Two years ago there were several Heritages to be had.  This year I'm hunting a 137, and or a P-90 150. :)

As usual I will be comparing some of the vintage stuff to what Heritage is doing now. I'm hoping for nightly updates to the forum folks and will report any sightings in case anyone may be interested. It will be fun to play some of those 58-60 Burst's again,  I love comparing these to the current Heritage stuff. This time we are getting pics and more pics. There will be a seminar on Bursts from Tom Whitrock I'll be attending Sat. afternoon.

I'm also amp hunting, tweed! I've got some classic amps along for trade bait, we'll see. Dallas isn't known for tons of amps.

If any forumites want something checked out just holler and I'll do my best to help out.

plexi

Well fellas me and wifey have been in Dallas a few days and are gearing up for the show. Two years ago there were several Heritages to be had.  This year I'm hunting a 137, and or a P-90 150. :)

As usual I will be comparing some of the vintage stuff to what Heritage is doing now. I'm hoping for nightly updates to the forum folks and will report any sightings in case anyone may be interested. It will be fun to play some of those 58-60 Burst's again,  I love comparing these to the current Heritage stuff. This time we are getting pics and more pics. There will be a seminar on Bursts from Tom Whitrock I'll be attending Sat. afternoon.

I'm also amp hunting, tweed! I've got some classic amps along for trade bait, we'll see. Dallas isn't known for tons of amps.

If any forumites want something checked out just holler and I'll do my best to help out.

plexi

I hope you didn't forget your camera ... well the batteries seem to be a sticking point with some members ( you know who you are ) :police:

HOC by law: All Heritage sightings must be photographed.

8)

plexi

Interesting....Tom Whitrock owns a little shop just 1/2 block from where I work called Third Eye Music.

Interesting....Tom Whitrock owns a little shop just 1/2 block from where I work called Third Eye Music.

I know Tom. Been to his shop. He used to sell these elastic guitar straps that were kinda fun. Got a couple from him. Also got to play his uber old LP Goldtop. Not that there is much gold left on it. Nice guy. You ever take a Heritage in for him to see? Just wondering what his take'd be, since he's so locked into the Gibs.

After the first day hunting, 3 Sweet 16's and a Eagle in one booth and in another booth a Gold Top 140 that's pretty nice. I do have pics BUT unavailable to post till I get back home, sorry. A couple big booths still not set up yet. Many many Prices are trending downward, which is a relief especially against 2 years back.(if your a buyer) ;D

I've played several old LP's today, most were simply tone turds. YUCK :( Heritage stuff looks and sounds better all the time.

I talked to Tom a bit. I'll catch his clinic tomorrow with a couple of his burst's. He's got a couple, but less bursts and 50's era G and Fender stuff overall.

We Ran into Eric Johnson, PRS and Johnny A today, Johnny was checking out a 4 channel Echoplex and EJ I BELIEVE was checking out a burst, hard to tell with the Re-issue and clone stuff out there. He always sounds like EJ, no matter what he plays.

Tomorrow I'm doing more amp hunting.

Best sounding anything at the show so far? IMO- The new Budda 6v6 amps. They were killing everything. WOW

plexi

I know Tom. Been to his shop. He used to sell these elastic guitar straps that were kinda fun. Got a couple from him. Also got to play his uber old LP Goldtop. Not that there is much gold left on it. Nice guy. You ever take a Heritage in for him to see? Just wondering what his take'd be, since he's so locked into the Gibs.

I've never taken one in there.  I don't really know him well, but some of my friends do.  I know he's got some serious vintage stuff that he could easily retire on if sold.  I was in there one day when a guy brought his '73 LP in for an appraisal that had him drooling but he didn't get it that day.  He's kind of hit and miss with being open for business.  Looks like he does a little traveling and also keeps pretty short business hours.  He's probably down there with a couple other guys from this area, Andy Coin and another guy from Fly By Night Music in Neosho, I forget his name.  Oh yeah, Crocker!  A guy that works for Crocker is my amp tech and I'll be picking up my V4 today after re-tubing and a cap job.  Crocker is the king of blackface fenders around here.  You should see how high he has vintage amps stacked in his store!  It's like drool city in there!  8)  Enjoy the show!  I'd love to be there.  There's only 2 things I miss in life....more expendable income and more vacation.  :undecided:

Saturday at the show was busy busy. Well attended and loud. Not much movement in guitars at all, some amps sold, price drops continue across the board.

Many dealers are very aware of Heritage and the fine guitars. The general talk was most feel they are producing their best stuff ever in the last several years but many of the public just don't know about the brand and are hard for them to turn.

The Burst clinic today was cool and I was able to play 2 more bursts today. Both VERY different in feel and weight from one another. All the new 150's I've played are much closer in tone and feel in comparison. Both guitars were cool but not angel appearing or sky parting in tone.

The 59 had a medium size neck, very similar to most of the recent 150's and the 60 Burst was very thin in the neck. Much like the VERY Early Lp classic series. The recent classic necks are thicker for sure.

On the amp hunt I grabbed a recent AC-15. These sound great and easily compete with other vintage amps in tone. This should be a great gigging amp for cheap.

We caught David Grissoms show today and it was stellar. Great tone,great player. Johnny A was around a bunch and so was Andy Timmons, both nice fellas.

Pics monday night or tuesday

plexi

Archived