Heritage Owners Club

H-170 gold top on Ebay

doggy1972

Saw that.  I asked him for the serial number (or at least the first character) and he replied that he updated the auction with it.  I'm not sure why there's no alpha character on what he posted, though.

EDIT:  I also asked him if it was marked 2 or BGN or if it was an employee guitar and he never answered those questions. 

Yeah Dick. That does seem odd.Missed a character. Couldn't be H instead of # because that would make it 1991. Prodution was from 1996 to 2004.The price is a little on the high side but, about right according to the blue book if its Exc+ to Mint.

Wow, I'm not even a big fan of the H-170 and like that one!

Take a close look at the grain and color of the Rosewood fetrboard in the seller's picture.  Does it look Brazilian to any of the experts out there? 

I don't know if Heritage ever sourced Braz. for any models, but that is one fine piece of Rosewood whatever it origins.

width=600 height=449http://i14.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/d0/36/336d_3.JPG[/img]

It looks like the rosewood on my 170.Very nice especially when you put a little lemon oil on it. I love the H170. They seem to vary quite a lot in finish materials and hardware. The VSB on mine is very unusal. That gold top looks the business tho.Love the natural Mahog.Looks like theres a ding on the side of the headstock.

and it looks like the beautiful rosewood on the 1988 H127 I had

I think I remember there's no way of telling where rosewood comes from, even for wood experts

but I could have picked that up from the internet, so...

H127neck.jpg

H127neck.jpg_thumb

H127toets.jpg

H127toets.jpg_thumb

H127toetszijkant.jpg

H127toetszijkant.jpg_thumb

Sounds like the topic of yet another thread:  "WHERE DOES HERITAGE SOURCE THEIR WOODS?"

Jay Wolfe's site promotes "Real Honduran Mahogany".  But what about the Maple, Rosewood and Ebony?? :)

Back on this topic, however...the only imperfection on that H-170 appears to be the headstock ding.  The seller disclosed that in his description, but unfortunately provided the only blurred photo of it in his otherwise excellent shots.  :(

Archived