Heritage Owners Club

poll! are blemishes character or a need for refinishing

the jayce

I play gigs in bars. Jazz bars have small overcrowded stages. My guitar has dings.

Instruments are well crafted tools, they're meant to be played. They are not meant to be kept in a nerdy display case in somebody's living room. If I wanted to be obsessive compulsive over my instrument and never actually use it, I'd have bought an overpriced you-know-what instead of a Heritage.

My Super has one ding that does bother me. Somebody raised concerns about the way I normally placed my guitar in between sets and suggested a supposedly more secure alternative. Taking his advice to be more careful created the biggest ding on the instrument. I kick myself for ever listening to that guy!

I play gigs in bars. Jazz bars have small overcrowded stages. My guitar has dings.

Instruments are well crafted tools, they're meant to be played. They are not meant to be kept in a nerdy display case in somebody's living room. If I wanted to be obsessive compulsive over my instrument and never actually use it, I'd have bought an overpriced you-know-what instead of a Heritage.

My Super has one ding that does bother me. Somebody raised concerns about the way I normally placed my guitar in between sets and suggested a supposedly more secure alternative. Taking his advice to be more careful created the biggest ding on the instrument. I kick myself for ever listening to that guy!

OOPS. Must have hit the wrong button (see above). What I was going to say is that three times tonight, I was going to reply to a post and someone else had the same thought. Are we spending too much time together? :o

Here, here, Matt!

New white sneakers don't stay new forever. I have a sloppy pair for workin' on cars or weed-eating the yard, but even my "dress" pair of white tenny's are picking up signs of use.

In a world where they charge extra to "relic" a guitar, I don't get too upset about any blemish I've put on my guitar myself. If someone else does it I'm more upset, but it won't change anything anyways.

I don't generally repair such dings or blemishes. I get more upset about a ding I can feel on the back of the neck.

Most dings and boogers are a reflection of the lack of respect for your instrument...

I must respectfully disagree. I think MOST dings are the result of accidents, and NOT because of a "lack of respect" for your instrument.

I used to be really paranoid about any ding or scratch my instruments received; I'm not so worried anymore--sh!t happens!

[i must respectfully disagree. I think MOST dings are the result of accidents, and NOT because of a "lack of respect" for your instrument.]

Might be a personal thing too T-Steel.

Back in my college days, me and a couple of guitar playing buds would go up to Vermont every so often. One guy ("T" classical guitar major) left his new Martin outside in the rain for a couple of hours. When we got back, he took the wet D35 and let it dry over by the pot belly stove. Same guy put his foot through his hand made classical one morning. Sometimes S*&% happens to people that just don't watch where their walking.

Getting back on topic.

Playing adds character. The longer, harder and better you play, the more character. Blemishes should come from playing long and hard, that's "honest wear" The boys at Kzoo build em just so they are going get that honest wear which may be why some "details" might go unnoticed at the factory.

I am O.C.D. too but into Heritage, not PRS.

Archived