Heritage Owners Club

Did your brand new Heritage need work?!

Jazzpunk

I made previous post about my guitar; but wanted to share this.

I have a H-150. When I bought it I was also considering finding a used Gibson early 1990s classic or a used R7 (1957 reissue) as both of those were in my price range and have a reputation for being well made instruments (no flaming please).

Around this time I mentioned a small ad in Guitar Player mag for heritage guitars to a friend that's a pro player and has some amazing instruments, some vintage fenders and gibsons etc, and he told me that Heritage make killer guitars.

shortly after this conversation I went to the local small music store; lo and behold - they had a H-150. Man did that thing sound and play good. Over the course of a year or so I played 3 or 4 or 6 others they got in and they were all exceptional musical instruments, and the setups on them were really good. This particular store does NOT setup guitars or make any adjustments when they get them.

These were exceptional playing and sounding instruments right out of the damn box; and that's why I bought one. I really love the history and tradition; but they make fine instruments and that's why I have one.

'nough said.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since this thread has been bumped back to the top, I'll give a little update. I've contacted Heritage through both e-mail and telephone and have yet to hear back from a concerned party. I got one e-mail from Vince in which he asked for my phone number but he never bothered to follow up and actually call me. Not what I expected after all I'd read here. Whatever, life goes on.

Since this thread has been bumped back to the top, I'll give a little update. I've contacted Heritage through both e-mail and telephone and have yet to hear back from a concerned party. I got one e-mail from Vince in which he asked for my phone number but he never bothered to follow up and actually call me. Not what I expected after all I'd read here. Whatever, life goes on.

not all that surprising IME...i'm batting about .333 combined for quite a few e-mailz and phone callz over the past, say, 8 yrs. persistence is key ;)

:P

They have a shut down around this time for vacation. Call between 7:30am-9am EST and I always get someone to answer (either Ren or Bill).

• 3 weeks later...

I have kind of a unique answer to this thread. Yes I purchased two brand new Heritage Gary Moore Signature models and decided to have both of them modified quite seriously, as opposed to any other new guitars I have bought. Again not to tease, I did join this forum on 2007, but these are my first posts. The story of how I ended up with two of the same model guitar is a unique one and somewhat lengthy.

Suffice to say, I did not care for the fretwork on either guitar, the nuts, well they needed some work and I decided to change the Schaller bridges and tailpieces for Gotoh Nashvilles and Gibson style stop tail pieces, also I had them both refretted with a medium wide oval DiMarzio stainless steel fret wire.

All this work was performed by the late great John Zeidler of Philadelphia, who a few years back sadly died very young from leukemia, leaving behind a young family.

The quality of the work performed by John, made this extremely rare and limited guitars, some of the best playing guitars of this genre.

Since I was and still am such a great Gary Moore fan, I decided to fix what I needed to play them, the way I felt they would play best. The fingerboards were re-levelled and the guitars were re-fretted by this master luthier.

The style of bridge and tailpiece, were what came with the guitars, and I found the roller bridge saddles buzzed and why, I thought, do I need to be able to alter my string spacing, plus the vibration/transfer with this design was just plain weird to me. In retrospect and it was quite a few years ago now, I remember the spacing of the bridge posts, are slightly different between the stock spacing, perhaps closer to a TOM ABR-1, than the Nashvilles I choose to go with. With the weight of the guitars and the active pickups, I chose the adjustability of the Nashville setups, not necessarily going for the complete vintage vibe of an ABR-1, as these guitars feel like fifties Les Pauls and sound amazing, but are built in a moore modern interpretative style, imo. The construction and finishing on the guitars was/is superb and they are beautiful works of tone art.

So yes I changed my 'stock' Heritages quite radically. I know the factory later offered Gibson style bridges and tailpieces, but my Heritage has the pre-lawsuit style pickguard and cutaways, ect.

More about these soon and on my forthcoming website. I am yngwie308 on the LPF, Emerald on the MLPF and yngwie308 everywhere else, mostly on Metro amp forum, for many years..

yngwie308

Archived