Heritage Owners Club

535 string question

ronalr

I have a 2006 H-535 and wanted to know what string brand and gauge shipped from the factory....I looked on the Heritage site and could not find it in the specs

Thanks, Ron

Welcome Ron

i believe they have 10-46 from the factory....brand im not sure on...maybe GHS?

thanks for the welcome and reply brentrocks...haven't posted before but have been around for a while...I bought the 535 new in o6 and the store owner thru in 3 packs of strings all 09's?...I prefer 10's.. do you think if I put 10's on and they happened to be 09's it would require a new set up? ...I have not played it very much ( I have 7 PRS that get a lot of my attention) but I love this guitar and am playing more jazz lately..so I would like to put heavier stings on. Thanks again ... here is a picture...

Heritage535004.jpg

When I got my 535 I put on some 12-52s 'cause that's what I was used to on

my acoustic. A year or so later I tried some DR Pure Blues 10-46 and the

difference was huge. Much easier and nicer to play and I didn't notice any

difference in tone. I wouldn't go any lighter though.

Whenever you change string type you'll undoubtedly have to tweak the truss

rod a bit and perhaps adjust the height of your bridge to get the action where

you want it. I suggest you loosen the strings before tightening the truss rod

nut (to straighten the neck) or raising the bridge, to preserve the threads

(add a drop of oil while you're at it). Loosening the nut to add relief and lowering

the bridge can be done with the strings tight.

Thanks all for the good info...I ended up using a set that the shop had given me... it was 9-46...so the first 3 high strings were like from a standard set of 9's ....9-42...... 9-11-16....and the bottom 3 were like from a set of 10-46....26-36-46... I remember now that the owner of the shop measured each string with some metal thingy I had never seen before and that's why he gave me these strings

The ones I tried yesterday were Dean Markley Blue Steel CL- 9-46...they sound great ...stay in tune and I made no adjustments....Thanks again

Ron

Hi Ron,

Ive seen that picture before. Welcome to the HOC. Its a nice place to visit.

Thanks for the welcome....where did you see my 535 pic before....did I post it here a while ago...gettin old can't remember B)

Thanks for the welcome....where did you see my 535 pic before....did I post it here a while ago...gettin old can't remember B)

I asked about Heritage guitars on another forum when I was trying to find out more about Heritage and before I found the HOC.

Yours was one of the 1st responses. Always thought that 535 of yours had a great looking finish. Im just a lostcause when it comes to that sort of finish.

Welcome Ron

i believe they have 10-46 from the factory....brand im not sure on...maybe GHS?

I use 10's (DiAddario) on my 140..I've been thinking about moving up to 11's, but it's really not necessary..The tone is so awesome with the 10's, I think the improvement would be very small..I started using 11's on a Telle I had, to fatten it up a bit..But the real cure was my 140, into a Blues Jr..

I asked about Heritage guitars on another forum when I was trying to find out more about Heritage and before I found the HOC.

Yours was one of the 1st responses. Always thought that 535 of yours had a great looking finish. Im just a lostcause when it comes to that sort of finish.

Hey lostcause...I mean tully...I though that is where you saw it...only other forum I post a lot to....good to see you here too :)

Just got an email from Heritage about the string gauge...they said the 535's ship with GHS 10-46

Cool to know. I cleaned out my closet on Sunday and discovered a dozen sets of GHS burnished nickel 11s. Now I'm going to have to have a re-stringing party.

Glad to know that Heritage uses GHS 10 -46. I just put a set on my 535 and they do sound great. My usual favorites have been D'Addario, but they stay fresh for only a few days. My last try out was a set of DR's;they sounded just ok. Thanks to this forums members on information about string choice.

Archived