Heritage Owners Club

Roland Cube 30X & FS-6 Footswitch

The rhythm guy in one of my bands pulled the Cube30 out at rehearsal. Other than it wasn't quite as chimey I didn't even realize he was using it until my amp started futzing and he offered to let me use his amp. I was quite surprised when he unplugged from the Roland. He then brought it to a gig. It was decent but tended to "disappear" in the mix like most low powered SS amps do at stage volumes. Then again, he runs the mix and isn't the best at it. Heck, he's not even good at it. :wewantclipszm2: I do know I wouldn't mind having one for the home music room.

The FS-6 appears to be the 5L (latching type) and 5U (momentary latch) switches put into one pedal. It can be used to toggle up and down thru the presets. I have several of both the 5L/U sitting around. Very durable pedals.

Nice kids to get their dad an amp!!

A Father's Day Present from my daughter...anyone with experience with these?

I just got a microcube to go with my 150, and it seems as though I'm only making my suckiness louder (but I just started playing in December).

This will be used for practice at the office or home. The FS-6 footswitch has two switches...each switch can be set as a latching or non-latching switch.

A Father's Day Present from my daughter...anyone with experience with these?

Nope, no experience whatsoever with Father's Day presents :wewantclipszm2:

I have the same model myself, the 30x. It's a great little amp for the outlay, it has a very good clean tone and sounds great with the Heritage semis and hollows, not as good as the Blues Jnr but that's a different class of amp.

The overdrive / distortions are not too bad, it's good for high gain rock, metal or blues but not so good for edgy overdrive tones, the tone is just not there. I have tried the VIP 2 with HRWs through it and it fairly rocks, even at low volumes. The onboard fx are ok, I don't use them too much, the reverb is usually left on though.

One of it's big advantages is the headphone output, very handy for late night practising. It is also very portable and sturdy, the kind of amp you could just throw in the back of the car and not be too worried about it getting damaged.

Archived