Heritage Owners Club

Viva h-357!

cod65

My point is I think Heritage has every right to point out (exploit if you like) the fact that the Gibby designs were made at Heritage Guitar, that the guys that made those guitars are still at Heritage, the same machines and building processes, and that they, unlike the Gibby assembly line, have true pride in the guitars they make and the name sake for what they used to be.

Bring to mind an interesting question. Perhaps someone here can answer it.

Does anyone know if any of the legacy Heritage folks had anything to do with actual design/development of some of the classic Gibson models?

As far as I know, none of the original four guys were involved in McCarty's design team at Gibson.  All are mentioned in the Gil Hembree's book on McCarty and their duties are described (there's also more about this in that recent magazine article we were discussing a while back).  Hembree also discusses the development of the classic designs at great length.  Many names come up (Seth Lover), but none are our Heritage guys.

This may seem really boring, but I think there would be a HUGE market for an SG-type body with a really long neck tenon that went under the neck pickup, to prevent the neck breakage issue. Personally, I'd like to see the body about 1/4" thicker, as well.

rooster.

I think Heritage could sneak into the younger market by making classy looking baritone guitars for the drop tune players out there.

Once the younger folks discover the "original Gibson" guitars- they could start becoming the new thing. Any Gibson advertisement would then just benefit Heritage as it would be a reminder to the hip youngsters where the "real deal" is at. Guitar Center would want a piece of the action and sales will skyrocket!!!!

Now just relax. I'm going somewhere with this....take a deep breath folks....ahhh Now back to reality.

But does Heritage need more business? More business means more back orders that the core group couldn't possibly fill. In order to keep up they have to go the outsource route. By nature the guys from Kalamzoo are old school. It's not their nature to consider for one split second outsourcing anything anywhere!!!!

They represent to me and most all you folks what was good about the "good ole days". As the old cook said "You want it done fast or your want it done right?".

Next time person to tour the plant take a peak in the break room. Would be surprised if they even had a microwave in there!!! ;)

Archived