Heritage Owners Club

Sad day for my Heritage

Kuz

I tried to "give" my Golden Eagle away here, but with this economy I guess we couldn't keep her in the Family.

The said thing is I sold her to a dealer for the same asking price here, $2500. He is going to stick $5000-4500 on her. I can't say I blame him as she is NOS dead mint.

With all the talk about high used Heritage prices, I tried my part for a fair price ;) !

Sad thing is that someone will have to almost pay double for her now through the dealer. Alas, life goes on.

This sale is about you... If you're happy with the sales price then that's what matters..

The fact that some other schmuck may end up paying twice as much for it is not your problem. You did your bit. Offered it up for a fair price, but got no takers. So whatever the next guy pays for your instrument is their problem not yours. The dealer has a number of other variables to consider (operating costs, advertizing, etc.) that you don't, and they wouldn't offer you what they did unless they thought they could turn a profit. Congrats on the sale.

Well, John - I looked hard and thought often on your Eagle. It was a RIDICULOUS price for a guitar of that caliber and condition. And man, I love natural blonds (reminds me of my maple acoustic)... But like you, probably would have found it wouldn't have gotten picked up as much as others, so as much as I would have loved to have it, didn't quite make sense for me to buy.

I did succumb recently (and broke my new years resolution) and ordered a "tele" that been gassing over forever and a day. Don't have it yet (being built), but expect it's gonna be exactly what WILL get picked up a lot (along w/the 535). Not the guitar the Eagle is, but in a nitch that fits my meager skills a bit better.

The most important thing is whether you are comfortable with the sale price. With all due respect, anyone that pays double to a dealer on a used Golden Eagle must not have spent much time researching the market. The two most recent Heritage Golden Eagles that sold on eBay (one listed in "as new" condition) went for $2600 and $2191.

Unfortunately for some of us selling guitars, the market is what it is.

Thanks guys.

I researched the market at many different dealers and $2500 was about half what they are going for new. I realize mine was technically used, but in reality it was NOS still with the original strings on her.

As far as E-bay, many people including myself would rather buy from a dealer to insure quality and service. This dealer has been around for over 50 years and will offer a lifetime warranty.

I guess what I am saying is that someone who wants/wanted a NOS Golden Eagle will now have to pay close to double. SO yea the dealer probably paid less than what Heritage charges him.

I am satisfied with what I got for her because that was my asking price. I just wished that someone could have gotten a good deal from me.

Just crazy times when you offer a product for sale and it's less than what a dealer pays, and a DEALER buys it out right.

As far as E-bay, many people including myself would rather buy from a dealer to insure quality and service. This dealer has been around for over 50 years and will offer a lifetime warranty.

NOS would normally imply the guitar was not previously sold and thus came with a factory warranty. I think the Heritage warranty is not transferable after sale. But regardless, if you have a dealer you work with that offers lifetime warranty, in writing, on guitars he sells, I want that dealers name. Seriously. That is a great dealer. Is he a regular Heritage dealer? I might be interested in finding a P-90 535 and would make a dealer selection if the dealer would go lifetime warranty on the guitar.

NOS would normally imply the guitar was not previously sold and thus came with a factory warranty. I think the Heritage warranty is not transferable after sale. But regardless, if you have a dealer you work with that offers lifetime warranty, in writing, on guitars he sells, I want that dealers name. Seriously. That is a great dealer. Is he a regular Heritage dealer? I might be interested in finding a P-90 535 and would make a dealer selection if the dealer would go lifetime warranty on the guitar.

Hauer Music in Dayton, OH.

Hauer's is only about 15 miles away from me. That where I ordered & bought my 535 p-90, 555 Custom, 150 "Greeny", Golden Eagle, & Sweet 16.

Yes he is a regular dealer and on Heritage's web site as a dealer.

Only one problem, HE AIN"T CHEAP. But great service and Jim Hauer is a decent guy.

Archived