Heritage Owners Club

Finally getting a H-575

ronalr

Just struck a deal with HOC member Chris ch99 to buy his H-575... he is shipping it Thursday from Cleveland to Baltimore so probaly will get it Monday.

Will post pictures and sound review then....thanks to everyone's input on these guitars...I missed out on a few on ebay and almost got the Millennium at Dave's but I am glad I waited...I really wanted the 575.

you can see a few pics of it on the for sale section under ch99

The 575 is a wonderful guitar! The chestnut sunburst if one of my favorites; I bet you too will like it.

Congrats!

Enjoy!

Congrats, the 575 is great. I usually prefer a bigger box like my Super Eagle. But I was playing Monk and Bird tunes on my 575 last night, and there is no finer guitar for bop. That 24.75" scale length just flies. You'll also find the carved top has resonence while the smaller depth helps reduce feed back.

PS- I see you're from Baltimore. You should come down to the brunch gig I've got in DC sometime.

Congrats, the 575 is great. I usually prefer a bigger box like my Super Eagle. But I was playing Monk and Bird tunes on my 575 last night, and there is no finer guitar for bop. That 24.75" scale length just flies. You'll also find the carved top has resonence while the smaller depth helps reduce feed back.

PS- I see you're from Baltimore. You should come down to the brunch gig I've got in DC sometime.

Hey thanks ...I would love to catch you sometime...is that at the Stars Bistro? ..love your playing...been listening to your version of Satin Doll...I just worked up a chord melody version... really like your improvising on it.

can't wait to play it on the 575. what guitar are you playing on that tune? tone is really sweet!!

Holding off on a guitar purchase is seldom a bad thing. In my experience, you know what you *really* want so you may as well wait a bit and satisfy yourself. I'm happy to hear that you did, but most of all, I'm glad to hear that you're happy with your decision.

When I wrote my post in favor of the 535, I could feel that I was writing a defense for the 535. I'm glad to hear that you chose what you really wanted, and that's what matters.

What a hadsome guitar! I'm sure you'll find it well worth the wait.

Great buy :)

Hey thanks ...I would love to catch you sometime...is that at the Stars Bistro? ..love your playing...been listening to your version of Satin Doll...I just worked up a chord melody version... really like your improvising on it.

can't wait to play it on the 575. what guitar are you playing on that tune? tone is really sweet!!

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words about my playing. The brunch is indeed at Stars Bistro. The restaurant is at 2120 P Street, NW off of Dupont Circle, and we play from 11:00-2:30 every Saturday and Sunday (though I'll be off on vacation the first two weeks of September). Hope to see you there sometime, if you come be sure to introduce yourself.

The tracks on the Myspace page were recorded a few years ago, in a freind's garage if you can believe it, using an Epiphone Emperor Regent modified with a Kent Armstrong floating pickup and a Fender DRRI amp. Here's a link to some more recent recordings using a Zoom H2, the first three tunes are with the 575, and the last two are with my Super Eagle. The amp on Back at the Chicken Shack is a Fender DRRI, everything else was on a Jazzkat. http://jazzguitarlife.ning.com/profile/MattIngeneri

Thanks for liking my playing.

Wow, perhaps we might form the Capitol Hill Chapter of the HOC :). My job makes me a complete band flake, but I do make the rounds. I'm currently mostly with one of the Magpies...dude, it's Magpie. Okeydoke, have it your way. But I'm mostly concentrating on the Vulvic Shudders, as the name implies it's a chick group and I'm hanging around just as long as I can keep coming up with right hand stunts...they have me playing a Clayton .5mm. My days are numbered.

UPS says it will be here Monday ^_^ needs signature so I will be home all day patiently waiting....will post pictures asap....I think I will put a set of flatwounds 11 gauge on it...any thoughts on strings or gauge would be appreciated...thanks

Archived