Heritage Owners Club

two new ones

big bob

post-463-1251422294_thumb.jpgpost-463-1251422230_thumb.jpgThe first is a Heritage HFT 445, she has seen her fair share of action, reset neck (ugly but sound) a really big copper jack plate (which I kinda like) and lots-o dents dings and scuffs, in other words just broken in. She came in the mail today But I have had little time to play her. I got her tuned up and Boy does she sound good, super deep and baseie. with nice crisp Highs..I'm going to strip her down this weekend and give her a buff out with the buffer and some rubbing compound and well then go from there. some of you guys got to play her in the barn at the pspII. anyway her she is..

post-463-1251422170_thumb.jpg

The second is a late 70's aria pro banjo, my dad bought it new and never learned to play, I was at his place this last summer and asked just off had what he did with it and he went to the store room and got it for me. I'm just starting to get my scrugs right hand roll down.post-463-1251422833_thumb.jpgpost-463-1251422888_thumb.jpgpost-463-1251423133_thumb.jpg

Now that you have the 445 you will need to learn the secret handshake. The banjo looks nice too. Good grain.

Now that you have the 445 you will need to learn the secret handshake. The banjo looks nice too. Good grain.

the 445 has a butter smooth neck super easy to fret.. I have only played for about an hour as the kids are in bed. but I think the tone is great. much richer than the martin I was looking at.

The banjo was super frustrating at first but I'm settling in.. getting the roll down.. I should be picking and grinning soon.

Archived