Heritage Owners Club

Amp Mod_Fender Blues Deluxe

VJonathan

Has anyone on this forum modified a Fender Blues Deluxe Amp? I have a early '90s model and would like to add an extension speaker jack. Unfortunately, the early Made in America Blues Deluxe Amps did not have one. The newer MIM Blues Deluxe Amps have the jack so one can add the 12" speaker extension cabinet Fender now offers. I would like to do the same with mine. Any advise out there? Thanks!!

Hey VJ, I can't help you with your amp, but maybe a call to a good (i.e. honest) amp tech can assits. I recently scored a new MIM Fender Blues Deluxe and love it! I had headroom issues when playing larger venues and the extension speaker helped a great deal. I use either a Vintage 30 or Boogie Black Shadow (I believe is a special design Celestion 90). They increase the headroom and just make the Blues Deluxe that much more of a good thing.

Here's someone I trust and may be able to give you helpful hints.

http://www.fatubesound.com/

Visit My Website

Hey VJ, I can't help you with your amp, but maybe a call to a good (i.e. honest) amp tech can assits. I recently scored a new MIM Fender Blues Deluxe and love it! I had headroom issues when playing larger venues and the extension speaker helped a great deal. I use either a Vintage 30 or Boogie Black Shadow (I believe is a special design Celestion 90). They increase the headroom and just make the Blues Deluxe that much more of a good thing.

Here's someone I trust and may be able to give you helpful hints.

http://www.fatubesound.com/

Visit My Website

Thanks Git! I also contacted Fargen Amplification in Sacramento, CA. The modification is doable and not that expensive $75. Ben Fargen also offers a special mod for the BD. Unfortunately, sending the amp to the west coast would cost more than the job itself. I have made some inquires in my area. It seems all the good amp techs I know are in California. Ha Ha.

Yes. the BD amp really opens up with an extension cabinet. I recently replaced the original Eminence speaker with the Celestion 50watt Gold Alnico in my BD. What a difference in tone. Once my amp is enabled to accept an extension cabinet, I will probably outfit it with a Tone Tubby or Celestion ceramic speaker. Hence, combining the best of two tonal sounds as one!

It's too bad the BD amps are housed in crap cabinets. But that is a whole other issue.

Thanks again!

Archived