Heritage Owners Club

H137 TV

Twin

This was my first Heritage, the guy told me it was Korina mahogany but looking at the specs on the website I don't see it. The card that came with the guitar (brand new) was not filled out so I'm wondering what the deal is. Anybody?

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

Heritage definitely made some H-137s with Korina. It's hard to tell from that photo if it's Korina or Hounduran Mahogany as White Limba (Korina) and Mahogany have similar grain patterns. I don't believe Korina and Mahogany are related, though they do have similar sonic proerties. Korina tends to accents the upper mids whereas Mahagonay tends to accent the lower mids.

http://www.gbase.com/gear/heritage-h137-ko...-korina-natural

Korina H-137 at Wolfes.

p1_uqnrai33s_so.jpg

This guitar was just beggin' me to buy her... I love the simplistic look and the grain just kept jumping out at me. I'm also a big fan of just "diming" the amp and wailing on the bridge pickup, so ...... ! and as you know the Lollar just growl's :huh:

My favorite G Brand guitar was a 2 pickup "Special" with the p-100's made to look like P-90's..Loved that geetaar..So my next Heritage will be a two pickup 137..Sweet!

My favorite G Brand guitar was a 2 pickup "Special" with the p-100's made to look like P-90's..Loved that geetaar..So my next Heritage will be a two pickup 137..Sweet!

I played the same type Gibby in Spokane, and like you, was quite impressed with it. It was almost unplayed and they were asking $600 or $650 for it, I probably should have bought it but I was on the way to pick up new Heritages. That is another reason I'm also gassing for a 137.

Archived