Heritage Owners Club

My Amp Family

tulk1

Dude!!! trying to downsize and reduce the overall carrying load. Not add to it. :D Altho' if I got the head version I could possibly need another 1x12 8ohm cab. ;)

yeahbutyeahbut - it won't take any more floor space ;)

How do you like the Cel Gold? Can it possibly be all it's supposed to be, and worth the $s?

love it so much that i kept it :D imagine a 50w Blue that sounds deeper. in the "tower of tone" pic above that's the Brit II cab on the left w/2xBlues. the custom mather cab on the right (w/Heritage badge) had the Gold on top and something else below - selectable for either top only or both. the Gold does *not* replace 2 Blues, but can chime a lot like it. and take more power.

so, it went into the little 1x12 slantfront. if it can take some "reasonable" abuse, it'll be worth it. time will tell. have had it about a year & a half now...

alnico speakers take longer to break in, so if you get one, give it time. or play it continuously (literally, non-stop :D ) for, oh, a few days

yeahbutyeahbut - it won't take any more floor space ;)

love it so much that i kept it :D imagine a 50w Blue that sounds deeper. in the "tower of tone" pic above that's the Brit II cab on the left w/2xBlues. the custom mather cab on the right (w/Heritage badge) had the Gold on top and something else below - selectable for either top only or both. the Gold does *not* replace 2 Blues, but can chime a lot like it. and take more power.

so, it went into the little 1x12 slantfront. if it can take some "reasonable" abuse, it'll be worth it. time will tell. have had it about a year & a half now...

alnico speakers take longer to break in, so if you get one, give it time. or play it continuously (literally, non-stop :D ) for, oh, a few days

So, not sure about this, but I'm getting the feeling you like Heritage/Mather amps. Woud that be a correct assumption? ........ :D

The speaker in the 5E3 is AlNiCo. Just starting to sound good. Still not a big fan of that amp. Thinking about putting it on the block. But, it does sound better now that 3 months ago, definitely.

So, not sure about this, but I'm getting the feeling you like Heritage/Mather amps. Woud that be a correct assumption? ........ ;)

yeahman. the lineup's changed some, but i still have Colonial, Victory, and Briton II heads and 3 cabs

The speaker in the 5E3 is AlNiCo. Just starting to sound good. Still not a big fan of that amp. Thinking about putting it on the block. But, it does sound better now that 3 months ago, definitely.

the Juke 1210 in the pic above has 3 alnico speakers, 1x12 and 2x10 (Weber-Juke collaboration). since it didn't get fulltime usage, it took about 6 months. got it in Jan '03 and took it over to Bill Chapin's shop for a listen. he thought it sounded pretty good. took it back again that June and he was surprised & highly complimentary on its sound. me, it had snuck up on, so i didn't notice it as much...but i still have it (and now two more, a Juke 112 and a head-only - and that's it! really! ... no, rilly!)

Archived