Heritage Owners Club

Just bought this one...

cosmikdebriis

Well. I've gone and done it now... :rolleyes:

I've just "won" on eBay (UK)...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=290205160247

I think it was possibly a bit more than I'd have liked ($2=£1 approx) but these are always more expensive over here.

I've got to go and collect so I'll let you know how I get on. I'll also try and post some better pics as the ones on the listing are useless.

Hope it's not a lemon :'(

Well...

Things are getting interesting...

He's trying to make me pay immediately with Payal before I can collect... Yeah right.... Like I was born yesterday ;D

A quick look at his feedback (7) reveals nothing recent at all.... He also has given me a Hotmail email address....

Starting to look like a scam to me, trouble is I've had someone try it on before (the fact that he couldn't string a decent sentence together in English was a bit of a giveaway).

I've also had enquiries from fellow eBayers from people who've seen my previously sold guitars (same pictures and descriptions) on eBay from all around the world.

Just a piece of advice for anyone who may find themselves in a similar position....

Do a Google Images search and see what turns up. I found I'd won a guitar (in England) that was still for sale in the USA. A quick email to the vendor soon put an end to that.

As an aside: eBay spent months of threataning emails trying to make me pay ???

I'll keep you informed.

Mr. Debris....

Its a 2003, so its not that old. I'd figure if you have to pick it up it would be hard to scam you... whats he gonna do, grab the cash out of your hand and run down the street? Besides, he could make more money as a butcher.

Exactly...

But so far, from what little communication I'm getting from him, he expects me to pay him BEFORE I can collect (or even know his address)... Not much hope of that.

Even if he does own the guitar I'm gonna want to see it before I hand over that much money. He's either scamming me or there's an un diclosed fault and he wants his money before I find out.

Should this turn out to be a scam then make a mental note of that picture because, sure as eggs is eggs... it'll get re listed ;)

Hmmm. Very dodgy.Its rather disapointing cos that was a great price.Hey, better to be safe than sorry. I had seen the guitar myself and was also interested but, my better half would have thrown the towel in. You probably had a lucky escape there.

I don't see what the problem is.  I think he's within his rights to ask for payment first.

If the guitar were being shipped you'd have to pay beforehand (and take that risk) so

how is this any different ?

Paul P

Well with his lack of recent feedback, not to mention communication, then I wouldn't have bid on such an expensive item on that basis alone.

Also, to turn the tables. As I have to collect then what possible reason can a vendor have for wanting payment first. It's not like I said he'd have to wait a week or two. I said I could turn up within 24hours and any time to suit him.

It's still quite possible that we can resolve this amicably but to suggest I just send someone $1400 without even knowing his address is madness.

One of the many problems eBay has is that it's very open to scammers and as such it doesn't pay to trust just anyone on spec.

Exactly...

But so far, from what little communication I'm getting from him, he expects me to pay him BEFORE I can collect (or even know his address)... Not much hope of that.

Even if he does own the guitar I'm gonna want to see it before I hand over that much money. He's either scamming me or there's an un diclosed fault and he wants his money before I find out.

Should this turn out to be a scam then make a mental note of that picture because, sure as eggs is eggs... it'll get re listed ;)

Oh man...not cool at all!!!

Saw this baby too and asked seller a question about shipping, got a spooky answer, so I dropped the idea of bidding. Sorry to hear, if this is a scam.  :o

Hi... Jorgen...

I'd be interested to know more about your "spooky answer"

Sometimes these things can just be down to communication errors. We have a large immigrant population in Birmingham and for many, English isn't their first language. (Not that I'm making any political statement here).

To be optimistic, I'd like to think it's still sortable

I don't see what the problem is.  I think he's within his rights to ask for payment first.

If the guitar were being shipped you'd have to pay beforehand (and take that risk) so

how is this any different ?

Hi.Some people go for pick up only cos its safer.That way you assume its cash on collection.It is a lot of money to send just to rely on someones trust.Good luck cosmik :)

I agree with Cosmikdebriis, if its pick up on the guitar what possible reason would the seller have for needing the money up front? When its being shipped thats one thing. You want it, the seller has it, they need the money before it leaves their hands. In this case cash and carry seems to be totally fair. this screams Shady deallings.

Hi... Jorgen...

I'd be interested to know more about your "spooky answer"

Sometimes these things can just be down to communication errors. We have a large immigrant population in Birmingham and for many, English isn't their first language. (Not that I'm making any political statement here).

To be optimistic, I'd like to think it's still sortable

I hope so - just hold on and try to work it out. You are much closer to lay you hand on this guitar, at least from a geographic point of view :)

I think that my opinion on the "spoooooky" answer in fact reflect my own lack of understanding the English language, so I did see the sellers answer as a 'no sense' answer. Maybe need some help on the tanslation  :-

The question: Dear R****, Before considering bidding, I would like to know if it's OK for you to ship to another EU-country. I live in Copenhagen, Denmark.

The answer: Hi. If the bid reflected cost of postage, obviously I would consider this. It will be an expensive option!

So  ???

Well there's possibly some good news on this one ;D

I've heard back from the vendor and although I'd hazard a guess that English might not be his/her first language, I think we're finally getting somewhere.

It seems... hopefully... that they didn't entirely understand my asking to pay on collection. So with a little hard work and "plain English" I think I'm going to collect on Thursday ;D

Fingers crossed.

I'll let you know what transpires.

Wish me luck ;D

Archived